• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,365 posts in this topic

Great. I get to follow Detective 1-38, and all I'm packin' is Doll Man. If anybody cares, they're Church/Mile High copies. :sorry:

FeatureComics.jpg

What a nice display of books! :applause: Congratulations! Ultra high grade to boot! :cloud9: You just recieved all of these in one shot?

Great. I get to follow Detective 1-38, and all I'm packin' is Doll Man. If anybody cares, they're Church/Mile High copies. :sorry:

FeatureComics.jpg

What a nice display of books! :applause: Congratulations! Ultra high grade to boot! :cloud9: You just recieved all of these in one shot?

Thanks! Yes, I got them all at the same time.

Yeah, the grades are pretty amazing. Five with White pages, three with Off-White to White.

I did notice the five white pagers! :cloud9: The anticipation of opening that package must have been remarkable. :gossip: Those 5 would look nice in the White-pager thread in the gold forum It could use a good boost. ;)

Really NO need to be sorry, man!! Fabulous set with the grades :o Congrats :applause:

gotta love closing a mini-run; just picked up the 210 to go along with the gap-toothed group shot below.

cgc030.jpg

frazettas.jpg

I was SOOOOOOOO close to starting this, but then I decided I would just enjoy them via LA ville

gotta love closing a mini-run; just picked up the 210 to go along with the gap-toothed group shot below.

cgc030.jpg

frazettas.jpg

I really want a run of these. Isn't it true that Frazetta drew the cover of Weird Science-Fantasy #29 as the next cover for Famous Funnies?

Oh, did I say, very nice. Frazetta :cloud9:

cgc030.jpg

frazettas.jpg

Never see these, how long did it take to finish this awesome minirun?

i think it's been 51 weeks to the very day; first one [211] bought friday nite of houston geekfest with the boys the first weekend in may last year.

i think it's been 51 weeks to the very day; first one [211] bought friday nite of houston geekfest with the boys the first weekend in may last year.

Then that purchase was promptly followed by a superb Metro bashing thread. Aaaahhh Why don't we have that much fun more often? Great times! Congrats on finishing your Metro-free run (thumbs u

Then that purchase was promptly followed by a superb Metro bashing thread. Aaaahhh Why don't we have that much fun more often? Great times! Congrats on finishing your Metro-free run (thumbs u

subbed Marnin in for Metro; i think the 3 non-slabs all came from him.

FeatureComics.jpg

:o

I care that they are Mile High copies, very pretty. (thumbs u

:applause:

I really want a run of these. Isn't it true that Frazetta drew the cover of Weird Science-Fantasy #29 as the next cover for Famous Funnies?

Oh, did I say, very nice. Frazetta :cloud9:

Yes. And the Famous Funnies folk rejected it because they felt it was too violent. Gaines knew a classic when he saw one and printed it for WSF.

Very cool run! WF is certainly one of the more overlooked/underrated series but I really enjoy many of the early covers. They usually had a sense of humor, kind of like Superman/Batman meets Archie...in the best possible sense. That cheerleading cover on #55 is a perfect example. 2c

This is not so much a "group shot" as a "grouping".

Unlike you young pups, I do not 'hunt' for books any more as much as 'fall over' some odds and ends that I will pick up. Anyway, I finally fell over Marvel Boy 2 to "finish the run'.....

Some great covers that fit in that transition period from the very end of superhero books to the foray into the 'Dark Age' of comics....jb

57630-marvelboy1.jpg.d24048d24a47bc29e753c00ac7024deb.jpg

57631-marvelboy2.jpg.a9cbdf17cd405f8c33cfd6e9f7a3ebad.jpg

57632-marvelboy3.jpg.d4fd3bd14b4b6943b308225960ce4c53.jpg

57633-marvelboy4.jpg.7a2043c5940bfd5f4a623179b6c3afaa.jpg

57634-marvelboy5.jpg.38dcba4676e1a8fa9de2610403ebebbc.jpg