• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Here is a group shot of my latest arrivals. In light of the recent board sale of Adam's Torch #1 8.0 OW for $25K,

I feel real good about my 6.0 with OW/W

:)

smaller.jpg

Hello Bill,

Great shot. Yellow covers with Red banner is a good thing, no?

Hi guys,

I know this is double posting, but it is Christmas holidays. These are most of the 1932 Shadows which are really tough to get in grade. Most are in high grade with ow-white or white paper. I just picked "Green Eyes" (bottom left), it had a little bit of wear at the top and bottom of the overhang, the color on it was unreal.

The silver foil cover of "Crime Cult" is my favorite, and in newsstand condition.

Dwight

GroupShot2.jpg

Best I can do right now....

group.jpg

Nothing wrong with those :golfclap:

They sure look good from here! (thumbs u

The 2008 acquisitions thread finally motivated me to do a little reorganising (yes, that's how I spell it). :baiting: So, presented for your consideration, some Golden Age Archies:

Archiegroupshot010109.jpg

And more!

Archiegroupshot2010109.jpg

Issue 52 is not pictured, due to human error (some would say "incompetence", you could spin it either way) on my part. This group shot was made possible by 143ksk, Inaflash, The Black Hand, GA Collectibles, a few sellers at Wizard World Chicago, and of course, some guys selling comics found in their mom's attic on ebay.

After that little snack, here's the main course:

Pepgroupshot010109.jpg

Pepgroupshot2010109.jpg

Pepgroupshot3010109.jpg

Pepgroupshot4010109.jpg

:headbang: Most of those were acquired this past year, but if I'd kept it to 2008, the first 3 and 36 wouldn't have been pictured, and then I would have been sad.

If anyone has any issues that I don't have, and you're just going to throw them out, I'll buy 'em... :wishluck:

This isn't much of a group, but I finally got back from holiday vacation and had a chance to open my last Clink win, and it just looks so darn nice next to it's "sister" I thought I would post the pair.

pladies.jpg

Very nice Sean :applause:

Here are two shots of a tough little run. For those of you not familiar with this short-lived title, this is where Eisner and Iger first met, art by Bob Kane, Bernard Bailey, Briefer and others. If you are into pre-hero (Superman) titles, this is a must 'run". Cover to #2 is the first Eisner cover.

Jon

71208.jpg.0ecf42a123b8a7abc552532862a92dbc.jpg

71209.jpg.21829477790d06e0876d2c02c98f513f.jpg

Here are two shots of a tough little run. For those of you not familiar with this short-lived title, this is where Eisner and Iger first met, art by Bob Kane, Bernard Bailey, Briefer and others. If you are into pre-hero (Superman) titles, this is a must 'run". Cover to #2 is the first Eisner cover.

Jon

very impressive WOW's!

The 2008 acquisitions thread finally motivated me to do a little reorganising (yes, that's how I spell it). :baiting: So, presented for your consideration, some Golden Age Archies:

Archiegroupshot010109.jpg

And more!

Archiegroupshot2010109.jpg

Issue 52 is not pictured, due to human error (some would say "incompetence", you could spin it either way) on my part. This group shot was made possible by 143ksk, Inaflash, The Black Hand, GA Collectibles, a few sellers at Wizard World Chicago, and of course, some guys selling comics found in their mom's attic on ebay.

Nice books and great sense of humor! (worship)

Jon

(worship)