• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! It's been 4 years since I first started this run. It's been a lot of fun. I hope to complete the run up to #158 I have a #11 CGC 5.5 and #104 CGC 9.4 coming next month. The #11 will be my earliest book (exept for the Action 1 first wrap). These boards make it even more fun. :)

kinda like the suspense and terrific runs, these two are natural bookends. they even overlap some on the movie theme part. took me a little while to do these, as the #3 issues from both runs are tough.

choicegreat.jpg

Billy's group pic inspired me to glance at my Choice #3.

Interesting enough, I just noticed that my copy was published in 1942-- actually listed as "1942 variant" in CGC's census (1 of 1) but not on the CGC label. hm

2893756052_b4c458134e_b.jpg

Hey, I learned something new today! ;)

I've always loved the cover of Choice #3. Very Lou Fine-ish.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I looked at the larger scan. (thumbs u

Lots of little details and lush inking that shows up much better in person. Probably done by Sultan, Chesler's go to guy for Lou Fine-ish art.

I do think that both titles ended just as they were getting interesting!

Nice set, BP!

Billy's group pic inspired me to glance at my Choice #3.

Interesting enough, I just noticed that my copy was published in 1942-- actually listed as "1942 variant" in CGC's census (1 of 1) but not on the CGC label. hm

2893756052_b4c458134e_b.jpg

Hey, I learned something new today! ;)

very pretty dino. i remember that book up for auction; i may have finished second.