• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

here's the first 17 moderns (and some later)

Killer stuff as usual HC (worship)

I sometimes take runs out of their bags and boards, read them, then leave them in a big old stack of GA. Something strangely thrilling about seeing them like that

The weather was surprisingly nice Sunday, so I let the kiddies out to play. You have to let your books breath every once in awhile :/

I keep a bunch of low grade/incomplete books on my spinner rack and in an old Coke crate just to keep the office smelling right.

here's the first 17 moderns (and some later)

Killer stuff as usual HC (worship)

I sometimes take runs out of their bags and boards, read them, then leave them in a big old stack of GA. Something strangely thrilling about seeing them like that

The weather was surprisingly nice Sunday, so I let the kiddies out to play. You have to let your books breath every once in awhile :/

I keep a bunch of low grade/incomplete books on my spinner rack and in an old Coke crate just to keep the office smelling right.

(worship)

I hope we don't have to guess which books and what issues :baiting:

Based on your results in Bangzoom's contests, I'm sure you'd be winner!

I finally get to post a group shot in here. These four comics are the only John Carter of Mars Covers in Comics! Hard as hell to find and put together but I did it! I'm very happy!

#35 two copies graded; 8.5 and 4.0

TheFunnies35.jpg

#36 newest acquisition! None graded

Funnies36.jpg

#37 Highest and only graded

Funnies37.jpg

#40 Highest and only graded

Funnies40.jpg

very nice! J Carter & ERB are integral to the development of 20c pop heroes- big time! (acquires super strength on another planet- hhhmmmmmmmmm.....) any artist info? the insides are newspaper strips?- JC by JCB? what do you think of the 3 Dell early '50s Marsh issues?

I finally get to post a group shot in here. These four comics are the only John Carter of Mars Covers in Comics! Hard as hell to find and put together but I did it! I'm very happy!

#35 two copies graded; 8.5 and 4.0

TheFunnies35.jpg

#36 newest acquisition! None graded

Funnies36.jpg

#37 Highest and only graded

Funnies37.jpg

#40 Highest and only graded

Funnies40.jpg

Congrats David! I know how bad you were wanting that last one.

Great work pulling those four together. :applause:

The Mile High is a beauty - do you know if there were copies of the others in the Church collection?

Thanks!

I believe all where present in Church's collection.

#35 - F

#36 - VG

#37 - VG

#40 - NM

very nice! J Carter & ERB are integral to the development of 20c pop heroes- big time! (acquires super strength on another planet- hhhmmmmmmmmm.....) any artist info? the insides are newspaper strips?- JC by JCB? what do you think of the 3 Dell early '50s Marsh issues?

I like the Marsh issues but I may be a bit biased :)

erb032.jpg

I decided to put a group shot together of a dozen of my favorite books. These are part of my "forgotten keys" collection that I'm assembling.

Why collect forgotten keys? Two reasons, I like them, and they are affordable

:)

dozenkeys.jpg

I decided to put a group shot together of a dozen of my favorite books. These are part of my "forgotten keys" collection that I'm assembling.

Why collect forgotten keys? Two reasons, I like them, and they are affordable

:)

dozenkeys.jpg

Nice, Bill! :applause: