• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,330 posts in this topic

after you took this pic did you dive in like a porpoise and burrow through the books? :insane:

lol No, I didn't. I was about to when the wife wondered what the heck I was doing lol

This I posted in the General Forum. My Top 16 acquisitions from 2010 -

Top102010.jpg

after you took this pic did you dive in like a porpoise and burrow through the books? :insane:

lol No, I didn't. I was about to when the wife wondered what the heck I was doing lol

nice (idea and books)

but does this mean you won't be buying any books this month? or that you'll just be buying the rest of the year? :baiting:

So, as mentioned in the Have a Cigar thread, this is how you avoid scanning over a 1000 books. These are my Four Colors to date. That's 20 stacks of about 50 right there. I look at this and can only wonder how much the supplies alone set me back lol

106609.jpg

I did not see this when it was originally posted. Amazing. Careful your house doesn't sink into its foundation.

holy crud! thanks for sharing these with us!

any chance of a closer look at that Jane "Oomph Girl"?

and Hickory #3 :luhv:

I'll get those out (next time I open the crypt) and take some closer pics and interior shots. Somebody else was asking about Jane the Oomph Girl in private mail.

Let's see -- the best Fight cover, the best Rangers cover, one of the best Wings covers. Good start there.

Two of L.B. Cole's best, most colorful, and most hallucinatory covers.

A couple of matching Bambi and Raggedy Ann covers. Nice GBA on the first one (good deer art).

Excellent Wood/Orlando cover for Captain Science (probably the best cover of the run)...

The one issue of Exciting Comics that I would kill a shark to obtain...

Some superhero stuff I don't know much about, including Batman and Robin riding an eagle like Gandalf and Frodo...

The best Buccanneers cover by Reed Crandall...

A Baker romance with a face that is practically a template for every other woman he ever drew...

The most notorious of all EC comics...

Yeah, that's a pretty good Top 16 for the year.

Great books and you still have a month to go.

I think it would be cool to own WDC&S 1-100. This will be a long-term project with a few diversions along the way, but here's where it stands today. Those of you who know the run will spot that I own precisely none of the hard or expensive books. Oh well...

wdcsgroup.jpg

Yeah, coming from adamstrange I was expecting something low grade \:o

It could happen. :baiting:

Here are the others.

AvonPaperbackShipIshtar.jpg

Ouch! :eek:

Some great recent posts guys - this is such a great thread.

I'm still trying to work out how to catch Doohickmabob's OCD.

none of the hard or expensive books

You have, nonetheless, assembled quite a nice set of awesomely good comic covers and stories. :applause:

I tried to pull my 40 favorites out of the groups above (the slabbed comics excluded), and this is what I came up with. (If I did it again I'd undoubtedly come up with a different 40.)

collect-group-6.jpg

Awesome collection........thanks for sharing! :applause:

Top102010.jpg

Impressive bunch....you've had a spectacular year! Congrats :applause:

Scrooge 2006:

Makes me want to get a digital camera just so I can take another group shot!

Scrooge: you've got a pretty sweet setup in your basement.

I like it but I have no cool books, i.e., no GGA, no Jungle, no cool Four Colors, no GA DCs, ... I guess I should say I don't have any thematic grouping, unless ... I could set up an Airboy display I guess 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Keep'em coming guys popcorn.gif

Scrooge 2010:

Top102010.jpg

Top102010.jpg

Outstanding, Scrooge!!! :applause: