• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

I like the top middle book where it looks like orange snot is coming out of the girl's nose.

Oh great! Another entry in the "things that cannot be unseen" list!

Well, at least theres a roll of tissue right there for her lol

i giggled at that!

i like the bottom left one best, cuz:

it's yellow, and

it's the twilight copy, the sole rep of that ped in my type set, and

it's a gorgeous looking book graded down to 7.0 cuz the centerfold is detached---a defect i scarcely care about, but which cgc pounds, allowing me to acquire books i consider high-grade for bargain prices [at $130, gotta be the cheapest book in my type set]!

mandraketwilight.jpg

that's a good one

Prompted by another thread, I decided to update this group shot even though this is probably the ugliest group shot I've ever produced. A few stray books didn't make it to the shots ... but you should get the idea :)

Atlas2011GroupShot.jpg

Prompted by another thread, I decided to update this group shot even though this is probably the ugliest group shot I've ever produced. A few stray books didn't make it to the shots ... but you should get the idea :)

Atlas2011GroupShot.jpg

WOW, Scrooge! I was going to comment on your Atlas war pic, but this updated one is even more impressive.

I have mixed feelings about Atlas comics. While they have a lot of great stories, as a company they flooded the market with multiple titles in almost every genre in an attempt to dominate the stands - a practice that the big two still employ today. They were like the kudzu of the comic world. Not sure it was healthy for the industry in the long run.

Atlas2011GroupShot.jpg

I love that War Adventures 12 cover. Very impressive. That probably only took you a decade or so. (worship)

Prompted by another thread, I decided to update this group shot even though this is probably the ugliest group shot I've ever produced...

Actually, it's very cool. Kind of gives you a sense of what newsstands of the 50s must have looked like. Congrats on the set! (thumbs u

Atlas2011GroupShot.jpg

WOW, Scrooge! I was going to comment on your Atlas war pic, but this updated one is even more impressive.

I have mixed feelings about Atlas comics. While they have a lot of great stories, as a company they flooded the market with multiple titles in almost every genre in an attempt to dominate the stands - a practice that the big two still employ today. They were like the kudzu of the comic world. Not sure it was healthy for the industry in the long run.

Wow scrooge !! Thats a bunch a books. :applause:

Thanks! That is a bunch of books but I am only 39.71% done :tonofbricks:

With Atlas, that says a lot!! Outstanding and fun group of books! :cloud9:

Prompted by another thread, I decided to update this group shot....

Wow! Do you look for a certain minimum grade or are you just glad to find any?

What was the thread that prompted you to post the pic?

???

Atlas2011GroupShot.jpg

Sailor Sweeney #11!!!! That's the one I'm missing :(

Atlas2011GroupShot.jpg

Beautiful! :applause:

Thanks to our wonderful Sharon, I can now post this group shot of Marvel Family war stamp covers.

fawcetts.jpg

I really like these war bonds/stamps covers and I have about twenty from half a dozen publishers now (thinks: group shot, hmmm).

There's four more Fawcetts I need: Captain Midnight 22, Don Winslow 17, Funny Animals 6 and 20. I'm buying if you're selling... :baiting:

Well, I've been working on upgrading my Buck Rogers run for several years now and I think I'm finally good. Here's the updated groupshot.

BReasterngroupshot.jpg

WOW!

I love that "Is that an Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator or are you just glad to see me?" cover on #2!

Here's what a real MAN's copies of #2 and #4 look like.

BuckRogers2.jpg

buckrogers4.jpg

Jack