• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

and, just so folks don't think I have gone soft on DC's, how about a group shot of some World's Finest between issue 51 and 80 (super tough 1950's books):

gator

super-tough to read more than a page or two, do you mean?

and, just so folks don't think I have gone soft on DC's, how about a group shot of some World's Finest between issue 51 and 80 (super tough 1950's books):

gator

lol:signfunny:

gator

Oh yeah, Timely is much better :baiting:

42774-HolySmokeSubMariner.jpg.26b4907a3f596b6d6389a4ad21798d59.jpg

gator

Lucky for me I can only afford to collect Dells! :banana:

gator

I love dells. Do you have a copy of FC Tom Thumb. I had a NM or better copy and had to sell it. :( I remember it being a cool cover with nice gloss. Actually I regret selling all of my Dells. Over 600 HG copies counting both the FC and Westerns.

gator

hey

not all the stories are bad....some of them are quite entertaining...nothing like a good marvel mystery #77 though (gag!) :baiting:

gator

gator

hey

not all the stories are bad....some of them are quite entertaining...nothing like a good marvel mystery #77 though (gag!) :baiting:

gator

There are quite a number of good stories in that series. They aren't well known as those are pretty tough issues compared to other DC superheroes.

I love dells. Do you have a copy of FC Tom Thumb. I had a NM or better copy and had to sell it. :( I remember it being a cool cover with nice gloss. Actually I regret selling all of my Dells. Over 600 HG copies counting both the FC and Westerns.

I was kind of joking. :/ I don't really collect Dells per se; it's just that most of the characters I do collect, like Tarzan, Flash Gordon, John Carter, etc. happened to be published by Dell/Western Pub. or by UFS who ultimately sold out its characters to Dell.

Speaking of Flash Gordon, I just cracked open a bottle of wine and I'm about to sit down with my wife and watch the campy 1980 movie that just came out on DVD (even got a free cheesy poster with my purchase from Sam Goody!) (thumbs u

gator

hey

gator

lol:signfunny:

Speaking of Flash Gordon, I just cracked open a bottle of wine and I'm about to sit down with my wife and watch the campy 1980 movie that just came out on DVD (even got a free cheesy poster with my purchase from Sam Goody!) (thumbs u

Be sure to crank the sound...in fact...drink the bottle of wine first then watch the movie...that way you'll be in the proper mode to enjoy the crazy background FX as well... :cloud9: (thumbs u

Be sure to crank the sound...in fact...drink the bottle of wine first then watch the movie...that way you'll be in the proper mode to enjoy the crazy background FX as well... :cloud9: (thumbs u

Well that was fun. Haven't seen it in years, but yeah the wine probably didn't hurt. :/

Ornella Muti as Princess Aura... :cloud9:

Aura02.jpg

Well that was fun. Haven't seen it in years, but yeah the wine probably didn't hurt. :/

Aura02.jpg

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Hey Bill, have you had a chance to watch any of the FG animated series? As fun as some of the other versions are, I still maintain that it's the best adaptation of the original Raymond strip.

And just so I don't get accused of derailing this thread, here's a Flash Gordon group shot! (thumbs u

Jeff

FlashGordonGroup01sm.jpg

Edited by Theagenes

Hey Bill, have you had a chance to watch any of the FG animated series? As fun as some of the other versions are, I still maintain that it's the best adaptation of the original Raymond strip.

And just so I don't get accused of derailing this thread, here's a Flash Gordon group shot! (thumbs u

Jeff

FlashGordonGroup01sm.jpg

I need to pick up a copy of the flash gordon with what looks to be moongirl on the cover.... :cloud9:(:

Jeff

FlashGordonGroup01sm.jpg

Yes, as a matter of fact I have. I recently purchased the series and have watched most of them. They are fun, and true to the source material. I still love the movie better though.....Ornella Muti and all you know... :shy:

Yes, as a matter of fact I have. I recently purchased the series and have watched most of them. They are fun, and true to the source material. I still love the movie better though.....Ornella Muti and all you know... :shy:

Can't argue with that! (thumbs u

Mmmmm Muuuutiiiiii....

I can remember seeing that movie in the theater on Hillsborough Avenue in Tampa when it came out...specific recollection of standing in front of the theater and looking at the poster. That movie house has long since gone the way of the dodo...but the movie lives. So it just came out on DVD eh?

One of the few examples of good camp...(Batman TV series another?)

I just checked IMDB and Sam Jones continues to work but in things I've never seen.

Oh, and don't forget Melody Anderson....

This "mini" group of recently acquired unrestored GA books, ranging from VG to NM-, is headed to CGC today......wish me :wishluck: !!

Steve

very cool...do I see a couple of Trolley books in there?...anxious to see how the wonders grade out :)

well done

gator