• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Thanks Rick. Its amazing that for some of these issues only a 6.0 is top census. Tough books and I love the covers and stories.

except for the 2 issues I got from you, all mine are gd/vgs at best!...a real accomplishment, no doubt!!!!

actually, I have a couple of Crippins (84/86) that are high grade...I forgot about those

Why don't you downgrade and sell them to me at some point in time. :hi:

You didn't buy those off heritage did you? If so those were the 2 books that I couldn't get my bids in on time. I was waiting until the last minute then Heritage wanted my password and credit card info when I placed the bids. By the time I got it all in it was too late. I was very upset that night. :(

Ask thedude. I called him up and told him the story.

I believe I got the a mini run of crippens off heritage, like 74-86, except the 85, it wasn't offered, I don't think?

the 84 and 86 were already cgc'd, the 74-83 were not, but should be soon...

Thanks Rick. Its amazing that for some of these issues only a 6.0 is top census. Tough books and I love the covers and stories.

except for the 2 issues I got from you, all mine are gd/vgs at best!...a real accomplishment, no doubt!!!!

actually, I have a couple of Crippins (84/86) that are high grade...I forgot about those

You didn't buy those off heritage did you? If so those were the 2 books that I couldn't get my bids in on time. I was waiting until the last minute then Heritage wanted my password and credit card info when I placed the bids. By the time I got it all in it was too late. I was very upset that night. :(

I believe I got the a mini run of crippens off heritage, like 74-86, except the 85, it wasn't offered, I don't think?

So it was you! Oh well, it was Heritage that didn't let get the bid in on time. :frustrated:

So it was you! Oh well, it was Heritage that didn't let get the bid in on time. :frustrated:

:sorry:

I took this one as well. Slow moving here as well as I'm shooting for higher grades. Trying to get a run of 50-115. This will take a lifetime I think.

DSC01791.jpg

:applause: I understand your pain. It took me a loooong while before finding a measly decent copy of # 52. WW is tough run.

Question to you and Rick: which is tougher: WW or Sensation? :popcorn:

The Sensation Comics run from 80-106 in mid to high grade has been my collecting focus the last few years. Since I haven't found anything to buy in the last 6 months I thought it be time to do a cool group shot of my progress. I tell you what, these issues have are challenge to find in grade and its been fun collecting them.

I'm hoping the 83 gets a 6.0 and the 102 gets a 4.5. The 105 is a sweet 7.0 bright white pager but suffers from overhang.I also collect earlier issues but they have to be affordable.

BTW, that is no stain on the carpet by the 105.

DSC01787.jpg

Bravo - very nice I agree with others - those Sensations are tough to find. :golfclap:

I took this one as well. Slow moving here as well as I'm shooting for higher grades. Trying to get a run of 50-115. This will take a lifetime I think.

DSC01791.jpg

:applause: I understand your pain. It took me a loooong while before finding a measly decent copy of # 52. WW is tough run.

For me it depends on what part of the run.

Sensation 80-106 is very tough. I have yet to see some copies appear more than once in the last 3 years!

WW from 50-105 is killer as well.However, it appears that you can find low grade copies every once in awhile.

It was around issue 57 that Sensation Comics ceased publication. I wonder if more copies were printed for WW at that time because of the dropped title. Either way, still a bear above 5.0.

well, I finished my WW 1-80 with quite a bit of effort....WW2-10 are generally scarce, but Sens 2-10 are much scarcer...

ww 11-40 are pretty easy and readily available (if you are not grade conscious)....Sens 11-40 are tougher than ww, but most can be found...

WW 40-80 are down right HARD to locate, period...

Sensa 40-80 are actually easier to locate (much easier) than WW in that range...

I stop WW at 80, due to GA end...

sens 80-106 are tought to find, period!

so, overall, sensations is a tougher run...I have WW 1-80, and of the 1-106 Sens, I have 90 issues and am missing 16 to finish....but, financial pressures will have me selling most of the WW and most of the Sens (sorry BB, I am really only keep my Peds, Rockfords and Crippins)

rick

ww 11-40 are pretty easy and readily available (if you are not grade conscious)....Sens 11-40 are tougher than ww, but most can be found...

rick

Only a few covers in WW 11-40 and Sensation 40-70 appeal to me. I will eventfully get them but they'll be the last ones on the list.

LOVE them all Rick! Was that the #2 on ebay?

Those CLAW covers ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

And, you know where to reach me ... :baiting:

yep, it was...and thank you for pointing it out!