• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,349 posts in this topic

Some of my favorite Timelys

mgs004.jpg

A few deslabbed books :)

mgs007.jpg

My pitifully small Timely pedigree collection

mgs008.jpg

the man's got both taste and some great funny-books [and one cool mag]. well done, sir.

Hi everyone:

I started my Action Comics collection about 5 years ago. I treasure all of my books. They range in grade from 4.0 to 9.4 (with the exception of the first wrap lol) When I am searching for a book, I look for one with nice eye-appeal. I haven't purchased one to date with a name on the cover. I don't mind initials, a date stamp or some minor writing. I have one or two with light tan pages but, try to keep it cr/ow pages or better. There's some pedigrees including a Mile High, Crowley, Crippen and a few others that I can't recall at the moment. I am lacking a #69, #70 and #94 for a complete run from #65 through #101 Ther's a #69 5.0 in the Heritage auction that I probably will bid on. I am in the process of purchasing an early Action from Rick. :) I will share it in the Superman thread when the transaction is finalized. It was great to take out my books today but, having you guys to share them with makes it twice the fun.

So, here they are!

groupshotsfebruary72010001.jpg