• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VOTE NOW FOR YOUR FAVORITE SILVER AGE COVERS!!!

133 posts in this topic

foreheadslap.gif I just realized my favorite Adams X-Men cover, #58, isn't in the list of nominations! Well, that's one Marvel that would've been in my Top 10 list. frown.gif

Why didn't you nominate it then? poke2.giftongue.gif

My list is already in. If SS#4 doesn't win then I demand a recount. sumo.gif

it didn't even make my list. it's certainly a fantastic cover, worthy of anyone's respect as a masterpiece, and one that will do well in this accounting...but it just doesn't do anything for me.

confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

4 Marvels, 6 DCs if anyone gives a *

To each his own I guess but I'm not sure how this doesn't even crack the top ten? confused-smiley-013.gif

it didn't even make my list. it's certainly a fantastic cover, worthy of anyone's respect as a masterpiece, and one that will do well in this accounting...but it just doesn't do anything for me.

confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

To each his own I guess but I'm not sure how this doesn't even crack the top ten? confused-smiley-013.gif

Because not everyone likes the Surfer? gossip.gifpoke2.gif

That being said, the SS #4 is a shoe-in for my top 10. thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif I just realized my favorite Adams X-Men cover, #58, isn't in the list of nominations! Well, that's one Marvel that would've been in my Top 10 list. frown.gif

Why didn't you nominate it then? poke2.giftongue.gif

Didn't notice it wasn't there, because I just assumed it was. Bad assumption on my part, but also a lot of surprise that none of the Adams or Marvel acolytes on these boards liked it enough to nominate.

confused-smiley-013.gif

sorry.gif

It was a no-brainer for my number one spot. confused-smiley-013.gif

Great pieces. What would the market value on the TTA#98 be, just curious?

When I got the cover, about a year ago, it had a $15k price tag on it. Current value would possibly be in the $17k range, but I'm not too concerned about that as the art's grail-like to me and is a keeper. wink.gif

5 & 5, no SS4. That cover does nothing for me.

Not in mine either. No Buscemas, and no Romitas.

You DC apologist. poke2.gifstooges.gif

Don't make me use the "j" word! poke2.gif

I only picked 3 DCs! confused-smiley-013.gif

Very tough to get this down from a top 25. It was painful leaving so many great covers out, but in the end it came down to the old classics. cloud9.gif

10 out of 10 were Marvel. headbang.gifpoke2.gif

yay.gif

Great pieces. What would the market value on the TTA#98 be, just curious?

When I got the cover, about a year ago, it had a $15k price tag on it. Current value would possibly be in the $17k range, but I'm not too concerned about that as the art's grail-like to me and is a keeper. wink.gif

Well it is a keeper for sure. Tell me it has been framed and placed on your wall where it belongs.You should buy a high gade copy and place them in one large frame side by side, it would look spectacular.