• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA run have you completed recently?

190 posts in this topic

Anyone completed a GA run recently? Short run or long run, doesn't matter. I think everyone enjoys seeing full runs of a GA title. Post what you completed and share with others. Group shots or individual scans...... thumbsup2.gif

popcorn.gif

I am waiting for a recent ebay win of Little Lulu #24 to show up and I will have completed my Lulu Four Color and 1 - 50 run. After that I need 12 issues to get FC - 100 and 24 issues to have the complete John Stanley run. I concentrated on the early stuff because it was harder to find and more pricey. The stuff I have left is pretty easy to find and I could probably finish on a week on ebay and with various dealers if I really wanted to and was willing to spend the money, but I am much more willing to spend the money on earlier, hard to find issues the the plentiful later issues. Plus the earlier issues are much cooler.

Have you completed your Yellow Claw run yet? popcorn.gif

There were two threads that I read last Fall that made me think about what full GA run I could afford to collect.

What runs can you get for under $$$?

A Timely Question

What I came up with was Terrific Comics. Only six issues and some great covers by L.B. Cole. But at a cost of over $3k in VG, it would take too much capital away from other GA books I want more.

But perhaps someday. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hm it shouldn't be hard to pull a 51-60, 61-70, 71-80, 81-89 etc. run of Captain Marvel adventures in Fine. VF is more like $1500 but Fine is $750 or so. Whiz in the 101-110, 111-119 etc is around the same price. Then if you go the VG route, well that is even cheaper. Just be picky about PQ. And you will snag some truly nice books.

Thanks for the tip... but actually those figures are a prime example of why I'll never be a completist for any GA title. For $750 or even for $500, I'd much rather have 3 or 4 books with outstanding covers than a run of books with generally OK covers. I've just never had that completist mentality when it comes to GA...which is fortunate, given that I've decided to focus on very early GA Superman books for the time being! Anyway, sorry to derail the thread a bit... look forward to some juicy full run photos.

I'm sure any full run GA collections would already be posted in the GA group shot thread. There are so few inexpensive GA runs and most on the CGC boards prefer high grade over completion. Although everyone makes axceptions with certain books.

Ed

I have completed the Fawcett Hopalong Cassidy run and also the DC...The average condition is 6.0 -7.0.My father had many of the issues but I never paid more than $60.00 for an issue actually most issues cost less than $40.00.

If you like a cowboy hero then Hoppy is the man!

I have completed the Fawcett Hopalong Cassidy run and also the DC...The average condition is 6.0 -7.0.My father had many of the issues but I never paid more than $60.00 for an issue actually most issues cost less than $40.00.

If you like a cowboy hero then Hoppy is the man!

You mean Hoppy The Marvel Bunny right? grin.gif It's good to hear someone can complete that run. It wasn't all that easy was it?

Tough task to finish a whole GA run, unless...it's this one! 27_laughing.gif

mask1_thumb.jpg

mask2_thumb.jpg

Not true! I'm having a HELL of a time finding an affordable copy of Mask #1 in decent condition that isn't restored. I want a 2.0-4.0 copy, preferably raw, with presentable, attached cover. But it seems like everyone wants like 2x guide when I see it. So, I wait on the gods of Ebay to deliver one unto me...