• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA run have you completed recently?

190 posts in this topic

batset2.jpg

hello all...

Just posted this in the GA group shots, but qualifies here as well, for Batman 1-10 (putting a 1-100 run together for a good customer)...

just thought we would share

thanks

rick

Not sure if anyone has collected this type of run before but I'll ask for help anyway. I am looking for Paratrooper GA war covers. I got hooked on these when I was in the 82nd Airborne. I have collect these so far:

Showcase #50

Battlefield Action v2 #47

Superman #133

G.I. Joe #54

G.I. War Tales #1

Blackhawk #34

Our Fighting Forces #123

G.I. Combat #16

Captain Jet #4

Action Comics #123

Military Comics #24

Our Army At War #19

Our Army At War #26

Battlefront #43

War Heroes #4

New Heroic Comics #67

Real Fact Comics #1

Adventure Comics #150

I know some of these aren't golden age but I try to grab whatever I find. If anyone knows of paratrooper GA covers please let me know.

Not sure if anyone has collected this type of run before but I'll ask for help anyway. I am looking for Paratrooper GA war covers. I got hooked on these when I was in the 82nd Airborne. I have collect these so far:

Showcase #50

Battlefield Action v2 #47

Superman #133

G.I. Joe #54

G.I. War Tales #1

Blackhawk #34

Our Fighting Forces #123

G.I. Combat #16

Captain Jet #4

Action Comics #123

Military Comics #24

Our Army At War #19

Our Army At War #26

Battlefront #43

War Heroes #4

New Heroic Comics #67

Real Fact Comics #1

Adventure Comics #150

I know some of these aren't golden age but I try to grab whatever I find. If anyone knows of paratrooper GA covers please let me know.

Welcome to the boards! hi.gif

We'd love to see pics or scans if you ever get a chance. headbang.gif

Is your post a request to purchase books or are you looking to see if anyone knows of other covers that include paratroopers?

If you are looking to buy books, then this is the best place to post your request:

Forum Buying/Selling

Even better, is to post a want list as part of a Signature Line (you can set this up by selecting "My Home" and then "Display Preferences") and then post scans or comments on the boards. Every time you post folks will see your list!

Not looking to buy here, just trying to find out if anyone knows of any GA's with Paratrooper covers. I'll post some scans once i figure out how to, some of these books are pretty sweet. However, I sent a lot of them to get slabbed by PGX rather than CGC. I like the slabs PGX provides, however I like the services CGC provides.

Just bought two more Paratrooper comics off ebay (god I love ebay, but it drains the bank a little) Just bought Captain Midnight #38 and SGT Fury and his Howling Commandos #53.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Looking for:

WonderWorld Comics #9

Star Spangled Comics #91

Action Comics #43 & 123

Blackhawk #140

Adventure Comics #150

Real Fact Comics #1

Our Army At War #19 & 26

Military Comics #24

VG or better

To find out which books have Paratrooper covers I usually just browse Ebay and look at picks. Or I surf the online comics stores like yours for GA/SA books. Most of the time I get lucky and find one like I did last night with the Captain Midnight and WonderWorld finds. However, my favorite cover so far has to be from War Heroes #4, I'll post a scan when I get home.

Paratrooper,

Check out All-Select Comics #1,2 and 7. They cut the parachute out of the pic but they show Cap descending with the harness on. Great stuff by the way!

Not sure if anyone has collected this type of run before but I'll ask for help anyway. I am looking for Paratrooper GA war covers. I got hooked on these when I was in the 82nd Airborne.

Does this count? grin.gif

rangers26.jpg

No that doesn't count...everyone knows that a woman in a dress can't be a paratrooper....Just kidding, as I have been researching Paratrooper covers I've seen a variety of different types

1) Military soldiers as paratroopers

2) Spy type characters paratroopers

3) Super Hero paratroopers

4) and now Women in dresses paratroopers

In my quest to fill this type of run I've failed to establish guidlines in which comics I consider worthy in this collection. For now I think I'll collect any comic which has a cover with a person with a parachute dropping in to danger or in mid-air combat while in a parachute. Then if I want to weed out the non-essentials that don't "fit" into this theme I'll sell em on ebay.

thanks guys for the help

Aaww... come on... she's doing the military a service... notice how she is distracting the japanese plane while the P-40 swoops in behind for the kill. It's a perfect set up thumbsup2.gif

Good luck with your quest though. I'm betting that 5 years from now you'll still be finding comics that fit your collection that you never saw before. It seems like GA covers constantly pop up that I've never seen. Makes it fun.

Fun? try addictive. By the way you are looking for Wings comics? I think I have a couple graded for sell in my ebay store. Ebay ID vaughnwarren.

I might just buy that Rangers comic you posted anyway. My grandfather was a plane mechanic during WWII....maybe that's another run I can gather...

For now I think I'll collect any comic which has a cover with a person with a parachute dropping in to danger or in mid-air combat while in a parachute.

So now fighter pilots who have been shot down and are being strafed as they parachute are in! yay.gif

Marc

(I'll get back to you on that Real Fact btw)

Are you looking for humor or just "serious" paratroopers?

JPS

1313081-mutt%26jeff60.JPG

No that doesn't count...everyone knows that a woman in a dress can't be a paratrooper....Just kidding, as I have been researching Paratrooper covers I've seen a variety of different types

1) Military soldiers as paratroopers

2) Spy type characters paratroopers

3) Super Hero paratroopers

4) and now Women in dresses paratroopers

In my quest to fill this type of run I've failed to establish guidlines in which comics I consider worthy in this collection. For now I think I'll collect any comic which has a cover with a person with a parachute dropping in to danger or in mid-air combat while in a parachute. Then if I want to weed out the non-essentials that don't "fit" into this theme I'll sell em on ebay.

thanks guys for the help

That's pretty cool, I think I'll find that one for my collection. Although, this is not a paratrooper cover. A paratrooper is where a person is jumping into combat, not ejecting from harm like a destroyed plane. Man I'm sounding a little dorkish now....thanks guys

That's pretty cool, I think I'll find that one for my collection. Although, this is not a paratrooper cover. A paratrooper is where a person is jumping into combat, not ejecting from harm like a destroyed plane. Man I'm sounding a little dorkish now....thanks guys

I realized that later -- what's the right word? Parachutist? Descent artist? Splat-ola in training?

Jack