• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGX just stepped on an Atom Bomb. A classic tale of deceit, trimming,and woe.

460 posts in this topic

Trimmed books in blue holders. Where have we seen that before. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, but I guess we need a "PGX Lynch Mob" thread every once in a while, just to make big CGC investors feel better about all their trimmed slabs.

Exactly! I don't get the public outcry against the red-headed stepchild of the grading industry when the REAL villains are right in front of our noses.

Stupid people bother me.

Actually, it would be interesting to compare the trim jobs onthe PGX books versus Ewerts to see if they are the same or not. Remember, the trimmer has not been identified, unless he/she now resides in a shallow grave in the desert someplace. blush.gif

Actually, it would be interesting to compare the trim jobs onthe PGX books versus Ewerts to see if they are the same or not. Remember, the trimmer has not been identified, unless he/she now resides in a shallow grave in the desert someplace. blush.gif

How can I say this.......WORST TRIM JOB EVER!

deerantler.jpg

It's looks like the tool of choice was a dull deer antler. Those edges look like the old shag carpet we used to have in the family room. Just awful. makepoint.gif

At least Jason's point-man made nice neat edges.

No, but it's within the realm of possibility, don't you think?

If I were him I would opt for being the trimmer. Because I would not want to be known as the guy who missed that trim job.

It would have taken me a bit to catch some of the trimming without the before images but along with the ragged edges here and there I noticed at least one book that you can see a dip in the cut then a gradual return to level then an angle down to the corner..... definitely not of the same skill as Ewert's slashman.

No, but it's within the realm of possibility, don't you think?

Yes, I certainly do believe it is. I imagine there are all kinds of secrets and things you can do in your mom's basement.

Garage..he works out of a garage. sumo.gif

Trimmed books in blue holders. Where have we seen that before. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah, but I guess we need a "PGX Lynch Mob" thread every once in a while, just to make big CGC investors feel better about all their trimmed slabs.

I was thinking the same thing.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

so from reading this, PGX goods are tainted?

Of course not all. I should, like several incidents in the last half year at CGC, should make everyone question many high grade slabbed books. What this and the Ewert scandal has confirmed for me is that regardless of who graded it the buyer STILL needs to be cautious.

Like with raw books you need to be on the lookout for resto and other greed motivated hack jobs. Too many people will take slabbed books at face value and with the systems that CGC and PGX have that carries some degree of risk.

In other words be happy with the BOOK most of all. (I am sure there are people here that will honestly tell you that there is likely one or more books they bought slabbed that they were (a little) disappointed with.)