• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Marvel Bronze Age In-House Ads!

618 posts in this topic

Why in the DC Universe, do the heroes and friends of the heroes, spend so much freaking time trying to kill, hurt, or otherwise "get" each other?

1593163-dc_sa_17.jpg

That was a tendency that really set in around 1968 and the beginning of the "relevance" era. A lot of covers from then feature scenes which don't actually happen inside, which to me gives them a strangely neurotic feel.

If you think Stan looked spiffy in the last advertisement, check out his "Tom Selleck with grey sideburns" look while pimping the latest Marvel magazine venture - PIZZAZ!!

There was an earlier version of this ad... same as the one shown by joe_collector, except that it had Daredevil going "Lemme see!"

Obviously the error was caught and changed in time for its appearance in whatever comic joe_collector scanned it from.

There was an earlier version of this ad... same as the one shown by joe_collector, except that it had Daredevil going "Lemme see!"

I remember reading something about that, and I believe it was an actual joke - but one that didn't go over too well with blind groups.