• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Marvel Bronze Age In-House Ads!

618 posts in this topic

Going back in time a bit to 1976, we find this old chestnut for Marvel-Con '76. I can remember reading this and thinking "if I was in NY, I would so be there!". I only had a few book stores nearby that would get old comics randomly, and the opportunity to fill in so many back issues in one shot, would have been like a dream come true.

Not to mention:

Free! Art Lesson by John Buscema!

Free! Writing Lessons by Roy Thomas!

1205612-marvel_con.jpg

I was at that con! I remember as an 11 year old bugging my dad for weeks to take me there and he did.It was my first convention and I remember how huge the layout was.I brought my Daredevil #1 in ratty shape over to Stan Lee's table and had him sign it on the first page.He was really cool and I wish I still had that DD.....but I did keep the program,here it is..... thumbsup2.gifcon7666.jpgcon76.jpg

I find it amusing that I'm trying to add a bit of nostalgia to the forums, yet the thread has been voted a 1.

Then again, the majority of forum members are basically high-functioning retards, so there you go. insane.gif

I find it amusing that I'm trying to add a bit of nostalgia to the forums, yet the thread has been voted a 1.

Then again, the majority of forum members are basically high-functioning retards, so there you go. insane.gif

Somebody appreciated this last post...it's up to a 2 rating now.

Chris

Somebody appreciated this last post...it's up to a 2 rating now.

Sure, but just wait til the HFR's (high-functioning retards) find out. foreheadslap.gif

I usually don't take these ratings seriously, but a 1 is pretty bad. I've got 140+ new ads I've compiled, some of them kickass, but when I log on and see that, I get the feeling that I should just delete them and move on.

While some people chisel their axe, you've already taken a swing. Good for you, JC. BTW, great thread.

BTW, great thread.

Thanks, and not to toot my own horn, but that Jonah Hex ad was a great find, and historically important for Bronze Age collectors such as ourselves. I'd never seen it before, and I thought it was very interesting how Hex was portrayed in what was really his first comic book appearance.

Thanks, and not to toot my own horn, but that Jonah Hex ad was a great find, and historically important for Bronze Age collectors such as ourselves. I'd never seen it before, and I thought it was very interesting how Hex was portrayed in what was really his first comic book appearance.

Exactly. Can we rename this thread to just "BA In House Ads"...since the DC one doesn't have any traction. Makes no sense for two threads on the same thing.

Here's one...I know it would make me and greggy smile smile.gif

1562754-dc.jpg

1562754-dc.jpg.026b87cbaf823cd7493c21d8919c6103.jpg