• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 Hulk Annual #1

303 posts in this topic

Sold, for $2336!

What's interesting is who the group of bidders were at the end. Perhaps a concerted effort by the comic powers-that-be to make it clear to us peons that pressing, or the "spectre" of pressing, will not adversely impact a book's price? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sold, for $2336!

What's interesting is who the group of bidders were at the end. Perhaps a concerted effort by the comic powers-that-be to make it clear to us peons that pressing, or the "spectre" of pressing, will not adversely impact a book's price? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893whatthe.gif I know I have a NM copy...time to send it to CGC thumbsup2.gif

Who are vintage collectibles? They seem to be bidding on most everything I'm looking at these days...

gossip.gif Bill Hughes, used to be jabba-bill

His site: vintagecollectables.net

Sold, for $2336!

Sure, what do any of them care? They're just going to mark it up and throw it on their site undisclosed anyway.

Who are vintage collectibles? They seem to be bidding on most everything I'm looking at these days...

gossip.gif Bill Hughes, used to be jabba-bill

His site: vintagecollectables.net

Ahh...thanks for the correlation. thumbsup2.gif

I believe it is the same book. The wrap looks identical to me, with the same minicule flaws at the bindery corners.

When Davenport directed me to the scans I thought there was a very high probablity that the books were the same also.

All right... Now I'm pissed.

I have placed both large scans side by side, looked at every nick,bump & imperfection & they look identical.

Its not the grade jump that bothers me. What has really freeken pissed me off is that for what ever reason be it money, jump in grade or any other given reason it has been resubbed without getting its pedigree designation.

Why oh why would you get it re graded without the Pedigree designation. (Yes I know that its easier to track a Pedigreed comic) but For those of us that like to collect Pedigreed books you must surely know how hard they can be to come by.

I would really like an explanation from Matt as to why this was not included if it is infact a resub. If its a different book I will be stunned.

I have purchased Pedigree'd books from Matt before & honestly thought that he cared somewhat about the background of a book with regard to historical detail like Pedigree designation. (Please let me be right)

Time for me to leave this it for now as I am about to go into meltdown.

Here's hoping its a different book.

Russ

This press, re-sub. leave the pedigree carp is really pizzing me off. It is NOT good for the hobby! It defeats the whole purpose of having a ultra-high grade collection.

27_laughing.gif

Now the BSD sharks are starting to feed off of each other. I love it!

What's the end game look like? Metro, CLink, Heritage and a handfull of others continually upgrading and selling the same upgraded books in new slabs back and forth and back and forth?

Who is going to be left without a chair when the music stops?

I was eating my breakfast, reading the morning newspaper. I am now no longer hungry, and feel like smacking myself in the head with my newspaper till I am numb

Short of a labeling snaffu on CGC's part, or it's not the same book(not likely on either count) I dont wanna hear a word from Matt about any of this, what is there to say? I have seen and heard all I care to regarding the books he sells. Besides, being continually slapped in the face is not my idea of a conversation anyways.

To me this undermines everything he has tried to do here these past few months, and is unexcusable. Shame on you Matt, do the right thing before it's too late.

Kenny

Just before I go to bed I will share a dream.

My dream is to go back in time & actually win this book at the Heritage auction as I am sure that I was the underbidder.

No thats not going to happen is it. Lets try again.

My dream is to buy this book for the $690 that it sold for at Heritage, smash the [embarrassing lack of self control] out of the 9.8 tag, have it re-graded back to its original 9.6 Northland designation & hide it away from any form of bastardisation with the rest of my Pedigreed books for someone else to enjoy in the years to come.

Goodnight all.

Russ..

Could be, but there are no distinguishing characteristics on either book that would make it absolutely certain it's the same book. confused-smiley-013.gif

But that's the game being played. And debated. Isn't it? gossip.gif

Some others in that batch. This one has a date stamp on the back. Same? confused-smiley-013.gif

Fantastic Four #32 (Marvel, 1964) CGC NM 9.4 Sold for: $862.50

Fantastic Four #32, CGC 9.6

And these two. Same? confused-smiley-013.gif

Fantastic Four #48 (Marvel, 1966) CGC VF 8.0 Sold for: $488.75

Fantastic Four #48, CGC 8.5

Some others in that batch. This one has a date stamp on the back. Same? confused-smiley-013.gif

Fantastic Four #32 (Marvel, 1964) CGC NM 9.4 Sold for: $862.50

Fantastic Four #32, CGC 9.6

Comgeek (Investment Collectibles) won the upgraded FF 32.

Another example of the same handful of BSDs passing around upgraded and overpriced time bombs.

The 10 or so BSDs that play this game better stay off the same plane. If it ever went down, there'd be no one left to buy these prettied up "investments."

has anyone asked Matt Nelson whether this book was the Northland copy and if so, why he omitted the Pedigree designation?

I am not shocked by any of this, frankly. I've, sadly, come to expect it. As a collector, my only safety is in finding a niche and sticking with it.

Red