• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 Hulk Annual #1

303 posts in this topic

warningpressing.jpg

27_laughing.gif I actually started this thread to discuss the collective "F.U." that the dealer community seemed to be giving to the anti-pressing faction, not whether the book has been pressed or not.

Whether the book actually has been pressed or not, it's being sold by a guy in the pressing business. Given his position that he will not disclose publicly whether a book has been pressed, theoretically all his books should be assumed to be pressed. The strong bidding for this book, representing a more than 3X jump from the most recent prices being paid for a 9.6 copy, and the fact that it was all big dealers at the end, seems to me to be a strong signal (a shot across the bow, as it were) to the collecting community that they will not permit prices to be affected in any way because of pressing or perceived pressing.

you know guys? I just spent a half hour researching my last minute bids in the Heritage auction... and right now after reading this thread? I feeling like just sitting it out. Im sick of this whole thing, and the direction the hobby is going (or is it being TAKEN?) Or is it US who are being taken?

you know guys? I just spent a half hour researching my last minute bids in the Heritage auction... and right now after reading this thread? I feeling like just sitting it out. Im sick of this whole thing, and the direction the hobby is going (or is it being TAKEN?) Or is it US who are being taken?

It's us who are being taken. Don't bid on the auctions.

It's us who are being taken. Don't bid on the auctions.

thumbsup2.gif

Jim

On the balance of things, it seems all are agreed that they are the same book. In that case I'll bow my head with everyone else in respect of the passing of a pedigree designation, and relegate it to the world of crazy move's.

You do know that book has been passed from one presser to another. So that kinda invlalidates the argument, until the later comes to sell it.

And Bill has been on a bit on 'inventory drive' of late on the bay. The snipe's have been coming in thick and fast.

Anyone managed to out shoot him in the final second??

On the balance of things, it seems all are agreed that they are the same book. In that case I'll bow my head with everyone else in respect of the passing of a pedigree designation, and relegate it to the world of crazy move's.

You do know that book has been passed from one presser to another. So that kinda invlalidates the argument, until the later comes to sell it.

And Bill has been on a bit on 'inventory drive' of late on the bay. The snipe's have been coming in thick and fast.

What does it matter if it's flipped between pressers? It's already lost the notation via CGC. That's enough...another desired symbol of this hobby gone due to greed. And it's even more shocking coming from one who has hyped, and shown an appreciation for, the Pedigrees. Obviously the lure of money has outweighed any sense of perserving comics history. Hope he's not still thinking of writing the definitive Pedigree history because his vailidity on the matter has now taken a major hit...

Jim

[And it's even more shocking coming from one who has hyped, and shown an appreciation for, the Pedigrees. Obviously the lure of money has outweighed any sense of perserving comics history. Hope he's not still thinking of writing the definitive Pedigree history because his vailidity on the matter has now taken a major hit...

Jim

Very good point! The hypocracy that he show's every week on ebay, and now moves like this, does rankle something fierce.

I know a lot of people who are looking forward to his book, but it'd be like buying 'The Good Business Practices Guide' from a convicted fraudster. I don't normally go in for this line, but it does leave me feeling a bit disgusted with the whole business.

Matt, right now we can do without you!

What does it matter if it's flipped between pressers? It's already lost the notation via CGC. That's enough...another desired symbol of this hobby gone due to greed. And it's even more shocking coming from one who has hyped, and shown an appreciation for, the Pedigrees. Obviously the lure of money has outweighed any sense of perserving comics history. Hope he's not still thinking of writing the definitive Pedigree history because his vailidity on the matter has now taken a major hit...

Jim

the nail on the head! too bad its not Matts head cause the hypocricy reeks!

For this collector, old blue labels or original owner books are where it's at, baby!

Oh, if only there were more forumites with your clear understanding and conviction..... grin.gif

For this collector, old blue labels or original owner books are where it's at, baby!

Oh, if only there were more forumites with your clear understanding and conviction..... grin.gif

We've got it, they don't. We're just caught up in their ferris wheel of resub's, and pressing being circulated, and recircualted. And us picking up the price drive.

Someone finally emailed me about the Hulk. Yes, it is the Northland copy. There was a mistake made when the book was resubmitted, and the pedigree designation was left off by accident. I know some of you suspect this was done on purpose, but there is no point in trying to hide the book's origin. If I was trying to do that, I would have put up a smaller scan, or just sold it through someone else. Honest mistake. Thanks to those of you who bothered to ask me, rather than assume it was intentional.

I think the book may have brought more if it had the pedigree on the label, so I'm kind of bummed about that. I've emailed the winner about the pedigree, and the book will be sent back to CGC for a new label.

Thanks to those of you who bothered to ask me, rather than assume it was intentional.

Why would anyone here assume it wasn't intentional? Anyone who has read your posts can see just what type of person you really are.

I think the book may have brought more if it had the pedigree on the label, so I'm kind of bummed about that.

Boo hoo. Did you tell the buyer you pressed the [embarrassing lack of self control] out of it?

Someone finally emailed me about the Hulk. Yes, it is the Northland copy. There was a mistake made when the book was resubmitted, and the pedigree designation was left off by accident. I know some of you suspect this was done on purpose, but there is no point in trying to hide the book's origin. If I was trying to do that, I would have put up a smaller scan, or just sold it through someone else. Honest mistake. Thanks to those of you who bothered to ask me, rather than assume it was intentional.

I think the book may have brought more if it had the pedigree on the label, so I'm kind of bummed about that. I've emailed the winner about the pedigree, and the book will be sent back to CGC for a new label.

Well Matt thanks for clearing that up now that its been outed thumbsup2.gif.

A general observation in comics lately. I'm wondering if maybe we should all stop handling our comic books personally. Though I have no scientific evidence to confirm this, I have a sinking suspicion that the toxicity levels in the ink may have some link to an early onset of Alzheimer’s disease. First Doug Schmell forgets that the JIM #92 was an Ewert book, now we have Matt forgetting that the Hulk Ann #1 is a Pedigree book.

I’m warning all comic collectors, see your Doctor ASAP, the memory you save could be your own. makepoint.gif