• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink

153 posts in this topic

If I was treated like that, I would get in my car, drive to Brooklyn, and punch the guy right in the face. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Don't forget to steal his wallet. Gas ain't cheap nowadays. sumo.gif

Screw the wallet, I'll steal all his comics!!! insane.gif

here's the phone call:

comiclink: hello

me: yes, my name is... i received my order today and the slabs were cracked.

cl: wow, ok we can get a ups claim for them. I'm looking up your account... oh wait its you.

me: excuse me

cl: you were the guy complaining about the shipping taking so long. So you're telling me the slabs are cracked

me: yes they are

cl: are you kidding me? You're complaining about $60 worth of slabs. give me a break. You expect me to believe all three slabs have cracks? Was the box damaged?

me: nope but they were all packaged together inside an envelope inside a thin box.

cl: Do you have a scanner?

me: yes

cl: send me the scans (laughter in background) my email is ********. (click)

Now fast forward to the 1st post of this thread smile.gif

sorry.gif

really really sounds like Clink is treating you so poorly because you've actually acted concerned about your tiny purchase. well, you should know better. next time, buy a 4- or 5-figure book, and wait for it to be delivered at their leisure.

seriously. companies that don't understand customer service should be given to everyone don't deserve to stay in business. never know when the guy who's buying $100 worth of books this month might be the guy who wants to drop $5k down the road

Hey Pirate, you want that I should call them up and give them the riot act? I don't mind, since seeing this post has pretty much convinced me not to do business with them again. Heck, I will even help organize a boycott tell them, "Shape up or Ship Out!!!". devil.gifgrin.gif

Look Pirate, the smug [embarrassing lack of self control] is laughing at you right now!!!

7821_21167_1.jpg

yay.gif

oh yea, i'm getting the guy they call the heavy hitter around here

darryl_h_thumb.jpg

Maybe the seller had it up on Pedigree, but then sold it privately. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's my guess.

Well, that would explain it. How could Pedigree accept a random email from some person unknown to them saying take the book down? Although they should have then contacted the owner for confirmation. Maybe the owner didn't confirm because he would've been violating Pedigree's rules if he sold it while listing it on Pedigree. confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow, I just got a book from CLINK that had the case cracked in half. REALLY! The top half of the back of the case was completely broken. I sent him an email which was never replied to. I cracked the book out of the inner well and I am happy to report it is resting safely in a mylar. Note, CGC was way off on the page quality (as usual). The book was not damaged, but the packing was really good and not damaged so I think is was damaged prior to shipping.

Wow, I just got a book from CLINK that had the case cracked in half. REALLY! The top half of the back of the case was completely broken. I sent him an email which was never replied to. I cracked the book out of the inner well and I am happy to report it is resting safely in a mylar. Note, CGC was way off on the page quality (as usual). The book was not damaged, but the packing was really good and not damaged so I think is was damaged prior to shipping.

Sounds familiar 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think they have read the forum as this Tomis guy has completely changed his tune and is telling me as soon as they get reimbursed i will and without insults 893whatthe.gif

Sounds familiar 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think they have read the forum as this Tomis guy has completely changed his tune and is telling me as soon as they get reimbursed i will and without insults 893whatthe.gif

Your reimbursement should not be conditioned upon their reimbursement from UPS. They should reimburse you straight away, end of story. You did not get what you bargained for from CL. It's their liabilty. Recovering from UPS is their own problem, not yours.

WTF is going on with Josh? $60 is chump change, not worth all the bad PR he's getting in this thread and loss of respect from long-time customers such as myself.

here's the phone call:

comiclink: hello

me: yes, my name is... i received my order today and the slabs were cracked.

cl: wow, ok we can get a ups claim for them. I'm looking up your account... oh wait its you.

me: excuse me

cl: you were the guy complaining about the shipping taking so long. So you're telling me the slabs are cracked

me: yes they are

cl: are you kidding me? You're complaining about $60 worth of slabs. give me a break. You expect me to believe all three slabs have cracks? Was the box damaged?

me: nope but they were all packaged together inside an envelope inside a thin box.

cl: Do you have a scanner?

me: yes

cl: send me the scans (laughter in background) my email is ********. (click)

Now fast forward to the 1st post of this thread smile.gif

That conversation is enough to make the Pope want to put his foot thru a stained-glass window!!! sumo.gif

This thread should be titled: "When Dealer's get WAY too big for their britches!!!"

No customer service at all. 893censored-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Overstreet should have a role like the Better Business Bureau.........if you don't stand up, you don't add up. Bye, bye.....you're gone. We have standards, you know! As it is, they reap the benifits and scorch the landscape with thier titles.....at least it feels that way. They've forgotten what it feels like to be on the receiving side, IMHO! sign-rantpost.gif

. How could Pedigree accept a random email from some person unknown to them saying take the book down?

I offered a copy of my receipt from CGC....the slab was cracked during shipping and I just had it reholdered.

Email from the friendly staff.

Lawyer is being called in the morning. Hopefully not many of you have to deal with this type of service. Think i will stick to the boards and established dealers.

ComicLink has discontinued your account for several reasons.

1 Two of the scans you provided show extremely minor hairline cracks in the case. You and I both know that these cracks often occur during encapsulation and yet you want to be paid to reholder books that cost approximately $20.

2 We have filed a UPS claim for the all three books as requested and wish you luck on convincing UPS that the almost imperceptible damage on the two holders is insurable.

3 ComicLink is a private website and we have the option of discontinuing service to any client at any time.

I have noticed that a lot of big $$$ dealers treat low $$$ transactions with contempt! i personally have never had a problem with Josh's service and i must say that i have bought more off of them in the past 7 months than ever before and have been very happy with the deals and service! Sad but true if you were a guy who buys thousands of dollars worth of books you would have got excellent service with this problem but because you don't spend the $$$ they look at you as a nuissance they don't want to deal with because you only spent a couple bucks

and want customer service as well! oh well chalk it up as the sins of capitalism!

Whatever happened to love your brother ?

Who here ever makes a huge initial purchase with a dealer/seller? I never do, would rather spend a little bit to find out what they are about before a big purchase. Glad i learned early with these [embarrassing lack of self control].

My dealings with Comic Link have been pretty poor overall. They have some of the absolute worst customer service in the business. A lot of the time you'll simply win your item, pay, and have it shipped. Great.

Have a problem? Expect DAYS for an email response. You better hope your situation gets solved in that single email or you might be looking at weeks for your follow up email to arrive, if it arrives at all.

Calling them works at times...but when you call you don't get a record of what was said - I certainly don't trust them enough to "take their word" for it. I honestly find them to be one of the worst in the business when it comes to customer service. Tomis Erb and Josh Nathanson...do they actually have anyone working there besides these two?

Personally I find the treatment to you Pirate unexcusable as a businessman.

How freaking hard is it to just handle this through UPS. Instead they disbelieve you and pretty much call you names. The whole, "Oh it's you" is utter [embarrassing lack of self control] to me.

Give me a break, claims with UPS is so freaking easy that he should of just said I will handle the claim for you.