• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Great Atlas books, Jeffro. Superb Heath and Harry Anderson (I think). 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Congratulations, B! That is one of the great Big 5 Scuba covers and issues! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's a book I've been after for a few years & finally found a decent copy of.

1793498-off51a.JPG

That was the 2nd or 3rd last issue that I needed to complete my Our Fighting Forces run. Nice one, buttock! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Andy

Battleground 4

BattleGround4.jpg

Battle 34

Battle34.jpg

GI Combat 49

GICombat49.jpg

Those are awesome books, Jeffro! Great cover on that Battle 34!!!!!!!!!

Lastly, now that you have my attention....What the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike? is a Pannapictagraphist?

Andy

Congratulations, B! That is one of the great Big 5 Scuba covers and issues! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks! Now all I need are a decent copy of SSWS 81, and OFF 29 & 40 & 43, and GIC 54 & 62 & 71 & 79 & 80 &..........aw nuts. Back to the Zoloft.

Thanks! Now all I need are a decent copy of SSWS 81, and OFF 29 & 40 & 43, and GIC 54 & 62 & 71 & 79 & 80 &..........aw nuts. Back to the Zoloft.

Yeah, that OFF 51 is sweet. Wish mine was as nice.

Here's my #80... not sure if I've posted it before. You're right, Mick, it is a total pain to find in nice shape. Props to you for helping me locate this copy. I've always kept my eyes open for other copies of this book, and I would say it comes up less than any other issue of G.I. Combat... I see five #87s for every one of these.

I have a pretty nice #79. I'll try and scan and post it over the upcoming long weekend.

Shep

gic80.jpg

Here's my #80... not sure if I've posted it before. You're right, Mick, it is a total pain to find in nice shape. Props to you for helping me locate this copy. I've always kept my eyes open for other copies of this book, and I would say it comes up less than any other issue of G.I. Combat... I see five #87s for every one of these.

I have a pretty nice #79. I'll try and scan and post it over the upcoming long weekend.

Shep

gic80.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

That's a beauty Shep you lucky bugger. cloud9.gif

I bet that's tough book to upgrade with that awesome black cover. thumbsup2.gif

Weird thing was, the week that this one came my way (maybe three or four years back) a rock solid VG showed up on ebay. I bought that one too, and later re-sold it to a buddy. It's one of those books that just never seems to come up.

Other guys have said #69 is the toughest book in this run to find, but for my money, it's #80.

Shep

Heya Shep,

Yeah, the only reason I passed that along was because it was the result of an upgrade. I recall looking at that one and the one I kept and wringing my hands and brooding over the decision for more than an hour unable to come to something decisive. I'm still not sure that there's much of a quantifiable difference between the 2 copies. They're both damned nice and are the prettiest I've ever seen.

Definitely let us take a "boo" (as only Shep can say it) at your #79.

Battle 34

Battle34.jpg

I love Atlas war books but overall they can't hold a candle to their DC counterparts but I don't think DC ever did a cover like this one. DC covers seemed kind of formulaic while Atlas seemed to experiment a little more.

Admittedly, a generalization.