• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Picture760.jpg

I love the double-DC bullet books - that one looks very fresh, Fay!

Hey y'all,

I wanted to post this here instead of the selling thread, because you all ARE MY PEEPS!

I've been cleaning out the cobwebs, and I found an extra copy of Chris Pedrin's Guide to the Big Five. At one point I had a half a dozen... thought I'd sold all my extras.

I don't have to tell you how tough these are. I checked ebay someone is selling one for $125!!! More realistically, there was a recent sale for $30. So, this one is $30, shipping included. First one who says I'll take it' gets it.

Shep

big5.jpg

Yet another beer swilling acquisition from October:

Marinesinbattle-14.jpg

Okay, so it's Atomic age but this is close enough :D

Beautiful copy of that! Man, I love those Atlas issues. Wish I could afford to collect those AND DC!

Edited by Comick1

Yet another beer swilling acquisition from October:

Marinesinbattle-14.jpg

Okay, so it's Atomic age but this is close enough :D

Beautiful copy of that! Man, I love those Atlas issues. Wish I could afford to collect those AND DC!

Thanks Mick!

I wish I could afford to collect both too! :cry:

Ok who on here is part of the " War Correspodents" as mentioned by Matt Ballesteros in the new OSPG?

He mentions them at the end of his report: Alan Bartholomew, Keith Marlow, and Mick Rabin. I really loved that report and it was spot on in many respects with how I feel. The top 10, or in this case, top 20 war books, was something that I've been asking for for years and years. It never did make sense why they listed the top 10 of pretty much every genre but war. What was even better was that list wasn't compiled based strictly on the top 20 most expensive war books. The people involved were obvious war comic fans and it looks like they selected what they deemed to be the most important to them and to the genre in general. Again, great job, and it's reading things like this that make me feel even more proud to be a war comic collector. :applause:

Andy

Ok who on here is part of the " War Correspodents" as mentioned by Matt Ballesteros in the new OSPG?

He mentions them at the end of his report: Alan Bartholomew, Keith Marlow, and Mick Rabin. I really loved that report and it was spot on in many respects with how I feel. The top 10, or in this case, top 20 war books, was something that I've been asking for for years and years. It never did make sense why they listed the top 10 of pretty much every genre but war. What was even better was that list wasn't compiled based strictly on the top 20 most expensive war books. The people involved were obvious war comic fans and it looks like they selected what they deemed to be the most important to them and to the genre in general. Again, great job, and it's reading things like this that make me feel even more proud to be a war comic collector. :applause:

Andy

What is funny about this is , i posed this same theme last year when the OSPG came out. I noticed all the activity here, and wondered why there was no War section in the OSPG. I was thrilled about the report, i hope there is no catch 22. I hope people don't get into War books because of the scarcity of high grade books, which will bump us out.

The top 10, or in this case, top 20 war books, was something that I've been asking for for years and years. It never did make sense why they listed the top 10 of pretty much every genre but war.

Wow! Now I really can't wait to get my copy.

Andy

What is funny about this is , i posed this same theme last year when the OSPG came out. I noticed all the activity here, and wondered why there was no War section in the OSPG. I was thrilled about the report, i hope there is no catch 22. I hope people don't get into War books because of the scarcity of high grade books, which will bump us out.

Yup, I remember that, and it was great with the follow-up that we got from the other collectors here and their choices for the top 10. I'm thinking that this is a definite boost to the genre in general and will bring more collectors and also investors in. This will most likely be that catch 22 that you're hoping won't happen, where the prices will undoubtedly rise. The only ones that'll be laughing will be those jerks who already have their complete sets. :frustrated:

Andy :shy: