• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,088 posts in this topic

Pretty high :o

http://comics.ha.com/common/search_results.php?Ntk=SI_Titles&Ntt=our%20army%20at%20war&Nty=1&N=52+790+231+4294956469&chkNotSold=0&Ns=

Examples

Sold For: $3,346.00‡

Our Army at War #118 Savannah pedigree (DC, 1962) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white pages....

Sold For: $2,031.50‡

Our Army at War #119 Savannah pedigree (DC, 1962) CGC NM 9.4

Pretty high :o

http://comics.ha.com/common/search_results.php?Ntk=SI_Titles&Ntt=our%20army%20at%20war&Nty=1&N=52+790+231+4294956469&chkNotSold=0&Ns=

Examples

Sold For: $3,346.00‡

Our Army at War #118 Savannah pedigree (DC, 1962) CGC NM+ 9.6 Off-white pages....

Sold For: $2,031.50‡

Our Army at War #119 Savannah pedigree (DC, 1962) CGC NM 9.4

Oh wow! What great prices!! Sweet books, indeed. (thumbs u

Congrats to the buyer and seller. :applause:

The G.I. Combat #123 CGC 9.4 went for nearly $2900.00! :o

That's a ridiculous price...

And here I was thinking that war books had cooled off. But I guess in those grades, wrapped in slabs, there's always going to be demand.

Those prices are insane and especially for the GIC 123 CGC 9.4 after

watching Andy's many 9.4's go for a fraction of that. :cry:

It's funny how things work out and I gave my friend Whisp a few of my

winning books from Andy's awesome contest and yesterday I picked

up an unexpected package from my good friend in Texas. Here are just

a few of the high-lites and there were many sweet books I'll scan and

post later.

Picture1396.jpg

Picture1397.jpg

Picture1398.jpg

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how the Savannah sales should or will affect future prices. I'm not sure they should affect anything, as it was basically a small number of collectors battling for some very specific books in an auction setting (the perfect storm). But we all know that they will be taken into account on some level by all who buy or sell DC War from this point forward.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how the Savannah sales should or will affect future prices. I'm not sure they should affect anything, as it was basically a small number of collectors battling for some very specific books in an auction setting (the perfect storm). But we all know that they will be taken into account on some level by all who buy or sell DC War from this point forward.

Yes, but it's unlikely that it'll be taken into account by the dealers that are not very familiar with DC war.

Just sayin'

Andy 2c

I pledge to take them into account every time I sell, and to ignore them every time I buy.

Very interesting that you mention those particular issues. It was around this time that there was a big shake-up in the DC editorial offices and DC's biggest "fellow traveler", Jack Schiff, fell out of power. Schiff would retire 2 years later. Its also about this time that the CAPTAIN HUNTER feature started to appear in OFF.

By the way, the WW and CAPTAIN HUNTER series were both written by Kanigher.

Here are scans of my entire collection of Captain Hunter books:

OurFightingForces97.jpg

OurFightingForces102.jpg

OurFightingForces103.jpg

OurFightingForces104.jpg

:headbang: