• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,085 posts in this topic

My late grandfather and members of his platoon took out several German tanks in an offensive action in the Ardennes Forest right before the Battle of the Bulge. For that reason, I bought this comic. :acclaim: Plus, I love Joe Kubert!

007-5.jpg[/img]

My late grandfather and members of his platoon took out several German tanks in an offensive action in the Ardennes Forest right before the Battle of the Bulge. For that reason, I bought this comic. :acclaim: Plus, I love Joe Kubert!

007-5.jpg[/img]

That's a sweet copy - and one that seems a little tougher in grade than the others around it... nice grab!

Andy, I saw these live when I visited your store. Fantastic. (thumbs u

Andy what is your store like? What town is it located in?

I've got a coin shop in London, Ontario. It smells of "old". I sell antiques, militaria, coins, stamps, paper money, comic books, gold and silver bullion, among a few others. Family business since 1964.

It's a pretty awesome store too, Andy!

Indeed it is! I've been popping in every once in a while since about 1980.

(thumbs u

My wife has family in Canada, and has long wanted for us to vist them. When we finally make the trip we will have to try to stop by the shop. :banana:

Hopefully her family is in the Toronto area as opposed to Vancouver. London would be quite the drive from the west coast.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

I've got a coin shop in London, Ontario. It smells of "old". I sell antiques, militaria, coins, stamps, paper money, comic books, gold and silver bullion, among a few others. Family business since 1964.

Couple pics of the store would be appreciated Andy.

Indeed. It went from $3,300 to $9,600 in the last 10 seconds of bidding. 4 bids over $9K in the last 10 seconds...

It's a pretty awesome store too, Andy!

Indeed it is! I've been popping in every once in a while since about 1980.

(thumbs u

My wife has family in Canada, and has long wanted for us to vist them. When we finally make the trip we will have to try to stop by the shop. :banana:

Hopefully her family is in the Toronto area as opposed to Vancouver. London would be quite the drive from the west coast.

;)

Hey, I've been meaning to say thanks for stopping by in July. Sad I missed you. Next time you're around, be sure to identify yourself. (thumbs u

Andy

Bid on two books in the Comiclink auction before leaving for work earlier today. Just got home and see I did not win either of them :frustrated:

I can't believe some of the prices realized :o

If the winner of the OAAW 93 or OAAW 180 has an undercopy please let me know :wishluck:

That is stout! Whoever got it has good taste, and a little hole in his wallet.

That is stout! Whoever got it has good taste, and a little hole in his wallet.

It should make Keith even more satisfied with what he paid for his copy!

Recall that a couple of 8.0 copies of OAAW #81 recently sold in the $6,600 to $7,000 range. Personally, I don't think that this 7.5 sale of OAAW #83 would impact the value of those 8.0 copies much, if at all. I think that this sale just provides further support to the fact that OAAW #83 is THE highest valued and most sought after Sgt Rock book out there. At least that's my opinion.

Recall that a couple of 8.0 copies of OAAW #81 recently sold in the $6,600 to $7,000 range. Personally, I don't think that this 7.5 sale of OAAW #83 would impact the value of those 8.0 copies much, if at all. I think that this sale just provides further support to the fact that OAAW #83 is THE highest valued and most sought after Sgt Rock book out there. At least that's my opinion.

Totally agree.

Scary to think what the other two books above the 7.5 would go for IF they ever came of someone's collection and be put up for sale !!

I thought $9,000.00 give or take for a CR-OW 7.5 #83 might have been a crazy number already.... I know they are few and far between, but the final price being closer to 5 digits is insane.

One of the #81's sold previously was an 8.0 with White pages.

Overstreet is completely out of touch with the market on DC war in my opinion.

Or this way have been a one-off anomaly.

Scary to think what the other two books above the 7.5 would go for IF they ever came of someone's collection and be put up for sale !!

I thought $9,000.00 give or take for a CR-OW 7.5 #83 might have been a crazy number already.... I know they are few and far between, but the final price being closer to 5 digits is insane.

One of the #81's sold previously was an 8.0 with White pages.

Overstreet is completely out of touch with the market on DC war in my opinion.

Or this way have been a one-off anomaly.

I don't think it is an anomaly. There is some pent up demand for high grade 83s. I just wasn't sure it would translate down to a 7.5. There have been substantial offers on the 9.0 copy.