• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

It wasn't me, and I haven't checked out the book(s) in question. Chances are they are two different copies, but it's certainly possible it's the same one. Did you save the scan of the 9.2?

No im afraid i didnt but little tell tale signs like the top and bottom left hand corners tell me its mine. This is what i find fustrating about CGC sometimes. I sent this away thinking it would come back a 9.4 but it received a 9.2. Someone wins it and does a resubmit(it doesnt look like its been pressed) and it comes back 9.4 and is going to make a few thousand dollars more. Anyway nothing i can do about it now just feel a bit aggrieved.

Sorry to hear this, parkinson.

Is it just me or is that asking price kind of aggressive?

Edited by MisterX

It wasn't me, and I haven't checked out the book(s) in question. Chances are they are two different copies, but it's certainly possible it's the same one. Did you save the scan of the 9.2?

No im afraid i didnt but little tell tale signs like the top and bottom left hand corners tell me its mine. This is what i find fustrating about CGC sometimes. I sent this away thinking it would come back a 9.4 but it received a 9.2. Someone wins it and does a resubmit(it doesnt look like its been pressed) and it comes back 9.4 and is going to make a few thousand dollars more. Anyway nothing i can do about it now just feel a bit aggrieved.

Sorry to hear this, parkinson.

Is it just me or is that asking price kind of aggressive?

Might be aggressive, but apparently at least one person isn't bullied or phased by it. Just noticed that it's been marked as "Sale Pending."

:fear:

Edited by Comick1

Here is a link to a cool "top 25" cover list. It features 25 of Joe Kubert's best "false sense of security" war covers. (thumbs u It's off the Comic Book Resources site. ;) I'd be interested in this group's thoughts on what the top five or so would be. hm

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/08/12/drawing-crazy-patterns-joe-kuberts-false-sense-of-security-covers/

Here is a link to a cool "top 25" cover list. It features 25 of Joe Kubert's best "false sense of security" war covers. (thumbs u It's off the Comic Book Resources site. ;) I'd be interested in this group's thoughts on what the top five or so would be. hm

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2012/08/12/drawing-crazy-patterns-joe-kuberts-false-sense-of-security-covers/

I've always liked Kubert's Losers covers for OFF 123-137, where he would incorporate the Losers logo into the design of the cover. I especially like 130 and 133. I'll see if I can post some pix of mine soon.

He seemed to be on a hot streak then. The covers for OAAW 236-255 and SSWS 151-166 are all just as creative, at least to me. (And he did some great Tarzan covers not too soon after!)

It was Kubert's covers that drew me into collecting War books in the first place. As for the top five --- I'll need to think about that a bit longer.

Love the Kubert losers!

Speaking of great Kubert covers, just got this in the mail...

OAAW158_zpsa0fec2c6.jpg

:whee:

Wow, that's awesome! :applause: The first Iron Major! It's cool to see this posted during the anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge too. (thumbs u

I know this is a Signature Series book, but I wanted to post it and thank Mick (Comic1) for getting this done for me at this year's SD Con. :applause: I am very grateful to him! I emailed him out of the blue asking for a big favor and he took several of my DC war books to get the awesome Russ Heath to sign them! (worship) Thanks buddy! :acclaim:

009-2_zps0de9088d.jpg[/img]

I know this is a Signature Series book, but I wanted to post it and thank Mick (Comic1) for getting this done for me at this year's SD Con. :applause: I am very grateful to him! I emailed him out of the blue asking for a big favor and he took several of my DC war books to get the awesome Russ Heath to sign them! (worship) Thanks buddy! :acclaim:

Dayyymmmnnn!!! :applause:

Wow! Very Nice :applause:

I had wanted to get that one signed myself. Glad to see you got it done (thumbs u

Great signature and placement (thumbs u

Very nice, buddy!

:headbang: