• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

Our very own war buff, Fazybones has sadly suffered a brain aneurism. She's in ICU recovering right now and with God's grace will make a full and speedy recovery.

I have started a thread in Comics General, as well as a charity sales thread in the Gold/Silver/Bronze section. If anyone would like to PM me for her Paypal address, you may do so.

Please say some prayers for our good friend, Fay. :foryou:

Thanks,

Andy

I went to the Calgary Comic Expo this weekend and met Neal Adams. I asked him to do a drawing of Sgt. Rock for me and he did a great job. It was fun to watch him finish it off and he chatted with me, quite enjoyably, reminiscing of his friend, Joe Kubert.

I'll post a picture of the drawing once my friend sends it to me from Calgary. It was a little awkward to bring with me on the plane. :(

Had a great time there. Didn't see any worthwhile DC war (or any war for that matter) to pick up. Did sell an OAAW #1 though. :)

This thread has been quite dead, so let's get some chit chat going again. (thumbs u

Andy

Awesome Andy. Can't wait to see that sketch. I've been itching to pick up one or two HG war comics but haven't been seeing much lately that wouldn't cost me an internal organ to buy. :(

I am kind of surprised that Neal Adams was assigned to do Our Army at War issues but he refused the assignment due to Vietnam War. That was a long time ago.

So he was willing to do the sketch of Sgt Rock in a behalf of Joe Kubert. I am thinking about that in August that Neal Adams will be there in Chicago.

Show us the sketch if you can!

I am kind of surprised that Neal Adams was assigned to do Our Army at War issues but he refused the assignment due to Vietnam War. That was a long time ago.

So he was willing to do the sketch of Sgt Rock in a behalf of Joe Kubert. I am thinking about that in August that Neal Adams will be there in Chicago.

Show us the sketch if you can!

He didn't mind drawing Sgt Rock at all. It brought back all kinds of great memories he had of Joe Kubert. (thumbs u

From the update thread in CG:

Here's the latest:

Hi Andy,I just wanted to give you a small update on Fay.They have moved her closer to home and she can do everything,walk,talk,eat but most of all she tries to escape.

I know this may sound funny but her brain is still quite confused and they actually had to close the door to the ward and have a security guard there. I received a call from the hospital to find that the security is now in her room.

Fay started making a game with the security guard.He went to go to the bathroom and they found Fay way past the cafeteria and almost out the doors.

It seems like a lifetime ago this happened although 5 weeks is a long time without her !

I will end this by saying that I am quite happy they moved her.They seem to be doing so much more for her here then they did at Vancouver General.

I still believe in time she will be back to her comics and war books :-)

Have a great weekend Andy ! I will update once in a while if you would like?

Sincerely,

Craig

101_1393.jpg

...... Gray Goodness :cloud9: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

................................get well soon Fay :foryou:

A top ten book for me, for sure! :headbang: