• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Comics
17 17

11,083 posts in this topic

Here's a few Our Army At War's to look at...not the nicest shape, but they are examples of what's out there.

Starting with #1

OAAW1fc.jpg

then #101...just realized I don't have #100...damn!

OAAW100fc.jpg

OAAW200fc.jpg

OAAW300fc.jpg

OAAW400fc.jpg

wish there was a #500....

Andy

Interesting. Our #1 that we sold this summer had staples on the front too.

Yeah, the cover's not miswrapped or anything....just odd placement of staples.

That's kind of reassuring that this may be normal.

Andy

OAAW400fc.jpg

wish there was a #500....

Andy

You know....that is a friggin' jaw-droppingly beautiful cover. It never fails to amaze me how naturally and fluidly Kubert lays down his linework. Even a simple composition like this..sings.

Yeah, the cover's not miswrapped or anything....just odd placement of staples.

That's kind of reassuring that this may be normal.

Yeah, your post reassured me too. smile.gif

Brad, one's admiration for Kubert just grows and grows and grows as one gets older I think. It helps to read interviews with Neal Adams where Adams' respect for Kubert totally shines through.

What does everyone thing of Adam's war work between the covers? I think his DC covers are terrific and I like the SSWS 144. But I was looking at the backup story in OAAW 182 this week and it just doesn't quite take fire for me. Doesn't seem as vivid as his superhero work of the time. Was this an inventory story done a few years earlier?

The story in Weird War Tales 8 seems a bit more "like himself" but even that one doesn't blow me away like his work usually does.

Marc

Here's a few Our Army At War's to look at...not the nicest shape, but they are examples of what's out there.

Starting with #1

OAAW1fc.jpg

Andy

Awesome book - looks like a pretty solid copy as well!!

A classic if ever there was one. Nice to see.

Shep

Starting with #1

OAAW1fc.jpg

Andy

Awesome book - looks like a pretty solid copy as well!!

A classic if ever there was one. Nice to see.

Shep

Yup, I love it. Got me that book about 13 years ago for $150.00, I figure it's a 4.0, could be nicer, but for early DC war a 4.0 is a good solid copy. Cheers!

Andy hi.gif

Wow,

I remember doing that drive. It was after I'd met you at the Shrine Show (back when the Shrine Show was any good).

I was just thinking about that. Can't remember what I bought from you. All those comics you scored were in nice shape. That was a hell of a long time ago. Definitely before I had email (and most everybody else on the planet).

Mick