• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,175 posts in this topic

I guess the new generation of collectors just can't hold onto their books for more than a few months as this book is coming up again:  :cloud9:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dwonder%2Bworld%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1467075&id=1467075&itemType=0#detail

00020712394097111485124009.jpg

Jon Berk's former Church copy of Wonderworld Comics 3 which first sold for $51K back in the big Jon Berk Auction of 2017 and then resold last summer at CC for $64,111.  Normally, I wouldn't think it would have much problems passing the $64K mark in this current red hot marketplace with the apparent new money coming in.  The monkey wrench in there, however, is the presence of the Promise Collection books and if those books are going to be drag on the marketplace for other high dollar GA books coming into the marketplace. hm  (shrug)

Then again, it is the Church copy and will definitely be interesting to watch the final few days as it is currently sitting at only $26,575.:popcorn:  :taptaptap:

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Then again, it is the Church copy and will definitely be interesting to watch the final few days as it is currently sitting at only $26,575.:popcorn:  :taptaptap:

I'm sure the seller is finding that figure... interesting.  :eek: :wishluck: 

On 5/23/2021 at 2:17 PM, comicnoir said:
On 5/23/2021 at 11:50 AM, Point Five said:

'm sure the seller is finding that figure... interesting.  :eek: :wishluck: 

I'd be sweating buckets.

Well, you never know as a lot of the action for these auctions takes place on the last day as per usual.  (shrug)

I remember watching those File Copies of the Flash Gordon's in CC's Event Auction last month and if I remember correctly, they were all under $200 with a few days to go, and yet, they all finished up at well over $2K by the time it was all said and done.  :whatthe:

Then again, of course I would much rather prefer being in the position like that CGC 9.6 graded copy of TMNT 1 which is already sitting at $56K or that CGC 9.8 graded copy of that common as dirt GSXM 1 already sitting at $50,999; and who knows how high they are going to finish up at.  :screwy:

Will also be interesting to see how Jon Berk's former Church copy of Mystery Men 3 does since one of our very own esteemed board members here is putting that one right up in the same auction against all of those Promise Collection books.  :slapfight: :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, you never know as a lot of the action for these auctions takes place on the last day as per usual.  (shrug)

I remember watching those Filke Copies of the Flash Gordon's in CC's Event Auction last month and if I remember correctly, they were all under $200 with a few days to go, and yet, they all finished up at well over $2K by the time it was all said and done.  :whatthe:

Then again, of course I would much rather prefer being in the position like that CGC 9.6 graded copy of TMNT 1 which is already sitting at $56K or that CGC 9.8 graded copy of that common as dirt GSXM 1 already sitting at $50,999; and who knows how high they are going to finish up at.  :screwy:

Will also be interesting to see how Jon Berk's former Church copy of Mystery Men 3 does since one of our very own esteemed board members here is putting that one right up in the same auction against all of those Promise Collection books.  :slapfight: :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

I PROMISE you that book will do just fine  😂🙌

On 5/23/2021 at 11:41 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, looks like the both of you was correct here since the book finished at only $57,111 as compared to $64,111 on the last go round at CC:  :(

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FPreviewCode%3D2021may%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3DWonderworld%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1467075&id=1467075&itemType=0#detail

00020712394097111485124009.jpg

With the CL consignment fee, I guess it amounts to a loss of over $12K on this book here and I personally believe this loss might have a lot to do with the money being redirected towards the Promise Collection books that's sitting on deck right now waiting for their turn at the bat.  hm

10 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

how 'bout a little lou/joe fox run this beautiful morning...

It's always a good day to look at Fox books.  I pulled a few out last night, "just because".

6 minutes ago, Drgoldage said:

Hi need to get “Fox” back on Page 1 . The Windy City Blue Beetle 1 another sharp looking copy bought it soon after Gary started Marketing the collection . I bought most of the fox books out of the collection but he had already sold the Science 1 and the Weird 1 thank you to Jim Payette and Metropolis who helped me track those two down as well . 

07BEDB0C-F2EA-4359-9ABC-63FC56610AE1.jpeg

I love that you've held these for so long!