• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Well, I guess Fox books must still be pretty hot in the marketplace right now if even restored raw copies like this one here are going for more than double condition guide, as this gorgeous looking VG+ restored copy sold earlier tonight at HA for $504:  :whatthe:  :applause:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/blue-beetle-11-fox-features-syndicate-1942-condition-apparent-vg-/a/122112-17144.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

Golden Age (1938-1955):Superhero, Blue Beetle #11 (Fox Features Syndicate, 1942) Condition: Apparent VG+....

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

as this gorgeous looking VG+

Probably looks more like the earlier scan than the latest one.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/blue-beetle-11-fox-features-syndicate-1942-condition-apparent-vg-moderate-a-bondage-cover-spine-reinforced-overstr/a/14011-16129.s?ic16=ViewItem-Inventory-BuyNowFromOwner-PreviousPricesHeritage-081514

I'm not sure why they label something as from Slobodian's collection given that it is, relatively speaking, a recent addition.

51 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Your Grandfather was a great man had a cup of coffee with him in San Diego.I will always cherish it as a highlight of my life and i too love that cover :luhv:   

102_5933.thumb.JPG.e9cd0f430f21ef74f9fb1fde850b4f02.JPG

Appreciate the kind words. What did you and Joe discuss? He was in San Diego once I believe, in 1998 to accept the Inkpot award. When he passed (i had no control over anything) And his awards was thrown out by his daughter. A good friend saved them and generously reunited me with them. Glad to still have them, Im intrested to hear of any stories he might have shared or if it was just simple small talk. 

9 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

The Twilight pedigree?  I'd love to learn more.

Original owner came into a comic shop in NY looking to sell his books.The collection was in great condition and had so many wonderful comics.I got it raw years ago and had it graded it is a top ten in my collection until i part this world lol

54 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Original owner came into a comic shop in NY looking to sell his books.The collection was in great condition and had so many wonderful comics.I got it raw years ago and had it graded it is a top ten in my collection until i part this world lol

(worship) That one, the A-man 22, The Punch 12 and a certain #3  as well I'd assume :baiting: