• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

One of my all time fave golden age comics . Blue Beetle # 1 .

The simplistic Lou Fine cover dosen't hurt either . Congrats!!!

:golfclap::applause:

Not to mention the snazzy villian in the yellow & green checkered suit. (thumbs u

Next installment of Fox comics.....

For those who care the #1 is the Denver (thank you SC); 2,3 and 5 are Larsons and the 4 is Cosmic Aeroplane copy

:o

How did you ever score all of those? I can't find crappy copies of those books.

Thanks so much for posting the SCIENCE's Jon! Lovely copies of beautiful comics!!

Possibly my favorite short-run (under ten issues) title of all time, along with DARING MYSTERY! (hmm, a Berk run of DARING's ... now that would be something to see... hm ) Those first six covers are just great examples of what the GA is all about! #1 to #4 are KNOCKOUTS!!

Awesome books Jon, as always.

For those who care the #1 is the Denver (thank you SC);

Yer welcome, sir - she remains a beauty.

2,3 and 5 are Larsons and the 4 is Cosmic Aeroplane copy

:o A pedigree run of Science 1-5, oh my...oh my.

For those who care the #1 is the Denver (thank you SC); 2,3 and 5 are Larsons and the 4 is Cosmic Aeroplane copy

We care, we care! :applause: Wonderful books, Jon B.

This sounds like my cue. lol

I've been chipping away at this title for a couple of years now. Right now I've got #3 through #6.

It's an awesome title to collect, but it definitely takes some patience and funds, even in low-grade (as if you didn't know). :P

Jon,

Those are beautiful books!! Thanks for sharing. These Boards continue to open my eyes to new comics, now I'm considering selling all of my Timely's to buy Fox.

I've been chipping away at this title for a couple of years now. Right now I've got #3 through #6.

It's an awesome title to collect, but it definitely takes some patience and funds, even in low-grade (as if you didn't know). :P

IMO these are among the coolest GA books (esp for us Sci-Fi GGA collectors). In the past 3 years I've collected some great books from some great titles yet for some reason I don't have a single Science book. Just don't see them offered often, and when they are they end up going for much more then expected.

Thats a pretty nice looking 1.8 SCIENCE #1 on Metro's site now! Bet it will still break the bank!!

As Ryan requested......

The Timely thread guys are going to have to slum over here for a moment.....

Those of those who are astute have noticed that there is no #5. Use to have the 5- in fact use to have the Church copy....no did not sell it....it was part of a trade back in 1999 for thi piece of art that I was in/at "right place, right time" when I picked up the cover for Planet Comics1- the centerpiece of my entire collection....jon

43776-daringcom1.jpg.0d728c0a7aa3dc7507b3584a30b3f3cc.jpg

43777-daringmys2.jpg.fb7d477715b7f7399aaa42ae48ab6212.jpg

43778-DARING3.jpg.a6491d3e783ee37f402f710e4df8a2b6.jpg

43779-daring4.jpg.aa3504576a55e54c3ad48ddc392fe2ed.jpg

43780-daring6.jpg.4cb149734976a1415bcddaee119dca77.jpg

43781-daring7.jpg.f41e2f04411164b889cfa69f34bad593.jpg

43782-daring8.jpg.3bc08c1d5f134b73bbd916ebad3c551f.jpg

As Ryan requested......

Those of those who are astute have noticed that there is no #5. Use to have the 5- in fact use to have the Church copy....no did not sell it....it was part of a trade back in 1999 for thi piece of art that I was in/at "right place, right time" when I picked up the cover for Planet Comics1- the centerpiece of my entire collection....jon

Thanks so much Jon!! Worth waiting for! Its a run that one day I hope to complete ... just have to fill in those pesky issues between #1 and #8.

HOWEVER, I was really hoping for a #5! Well, you can't have everything. Well, YOU can ... PLANET COMICS #1 original cover art!! I'd say thats EVERYTHING!! (worship) An unbelievable piece to own.

You can always pick up that sweet copy of #5 on Metro's site... an 8.0 I think, a bit out of my range.

As Ryan requested......

Thanks so much Jon!! Worth waiting for! Its a run that one day I hope to complete ... just have to fill in those pesky issues between #1 and #8.

HOWEVER, I was really hoping for a #5! Well, you can't have everything. Well, YOU can ... PLANET COMICS #1 original cover art!! I'd say thats EVERYTHING!! (worship) An unbelievable piece to own.

You can always pick up that sweet copy of #5 on Metro's site... an 8.0 I think, a bit out of my range.

As one may say, "no contest".....

43803-planet1.jpg.9d068edc8874202752f821d2764d224a.jpg

As Ryan requested......

here ya' go brother.

d5.jpg