• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,176 posts in this topic

Excellent shot, Ghoulaid!! I sense we have similar collecting interests!! In other words, you have great taste. (thumbs u

Thanks Ryan! I think we might have similar tastes. I just started reading the GA Group Shot thread and noticed about 1 1/2 years ago you posted a picture that included a sweeeet Red Raven #1. :o That got my adrenalin pumping.

Still have it! Still love it!

As always, looking forward to seeing what else you can come up with! :popcorn:

Does this Ace G-Man Stories cover remind anyone else of the cover of a Fox book?

193c_1.JPG

For those who are wondering: The Ace G-Man pulp is from 1937, the Mystery Men Comics was published in 1939.

MysteryMen05GA.jpg

:takeit:

This Fox thread hasn't had any activity lately. I thought some might like to see the Larson copy of Science #4 . . .

science4a.jpg

:takeit: (after sacentaur, of course)

This Fox thread hasn't had any activity lately. I thought some might like to see the Larson copy of Science #4 . .

What's not to like? Beautiful! (thumbs u

Thanks folks! What I find interesting is this book has not been seen by the public since about 1975 when I purchased it and locked it away in my collection. The same holds true for most other books I'm having fun showing.

I don't pretend to have what BangZoom does but that's what I appreciate about BangZoom sharing his collection. It's like an archeological dig ... comics that haven't seen the light of day for decades.

This Fox thread hasn't had any activity lately. I thought some might like to see the Larson copy of Science #4 . .

Thanks folks! What I find interesting is this book has not been seen by the public since about 1975 when I purchased it and locked it away in my collection. The same holds true for most other books I'm having fun showing.

I don't pretend to have what BangZoom does but that's what I appreciate about BangZoom sharing his collection. It's like an archeological dig ... comics that haven't seen the light of day for decades.

that is great...something I can't say...all the comics I bought in the 80's and through mid 90's, I had to sell to start my business...every comic I own now (GA) I have bought in the last 3 years, almost all in public venues....so, they are nothing "special" when compared to someone like your or BZ showing those great treasures virtually none of us have seen before...

keep on posting!

gator

that is great...something I can't say...all the comics I bought in the 80's and through mid 90's, I had to sell to start my business...every comic I own now (GA) I have bought in the last 3 years, almost all in public venues....so, they are nothing "special" when compared to someone like your or BZ showing those great treasures virtually none of us have seen before...

keep on posting!

gator

Lots of them are new to me, so need to slow down your posting, Rick. (thumbs u

Paul, I tried to get this book from my local comic shop and they couldn't get it through Diamond. I like to support them when I can, do you know if there's a way for them to still get this or do I have to go through Fantagraphics?

Hi Ghoulaid,

VERY cool SCIENCE #4!!

Its so cool to hear about collectors who have held onto their books for that long ... and its really fun to see them appear here! Sometimes I wonder where certain issues from certain pedigrees are...

I hope I can hang onto my books for as long. Thanks for sharing your collection here. You have got a really keen eye for the "good stuff"!!

:applause:

Do you collect Centaurs? Can't remember if you have posted any.