• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,188 posts in this topic

While virtually IMPOSSIBLE to follow a couple Wonder 2s and a beautiful Wonderworld 13 the show must go on for this rag collector ?  Opened this morning!! Would eventually like an upgrade but will take what i can get for now...insides are nice, cover is beat to ?? Fun book alert...

33626889411_e70555f506_b.jpg

21 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

awfully cool book there, gino.

21 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Great books, Rick! Gino! 

20 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

I "third" that motion!! Egghead googly monster baddie, hypodermic syringe, fist-clenched girl in red... ALL PRICELESS GOLDEN AGE STUFF!!!

Thanks gang I appreciate it!!

I was looking at the gorilla on the cover of Wonder Comics #2. Typical weekend amusement.

While viewing said gorilla, his right hand caught my attention. It looked like someone had scribbled some letters around the knuckle creases. At first, I was concerned that my recent purchase had some kid's handwriting on it. But looking at other copies online, the same scribbles could be seen. So this is part of the artwork.

Perhaps I'm imagining things, but it seems like the scribbles spell out L-E-F. Or possibly, L-K-F. This of course is the initials of Mr. Louis K. Fine.  Is it possible that he sneaked in his initials on his very first comic book cover??

58e009ba34e64_ScreenShot2017-04-01at3_05_25PM.thumb.png.079cbe13bcc6452ce39903319ea47c38.png

1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

I was looking at the gorilla on the cover of Wonder Comics #2. Typical weekend amusement.

While viewing said gorilla, his right hand caught my attention. It looked like someone had scribbled some letters around the knuckle creases. At first, I was concerned that my recent purchase had some kid's handwriting on it. But looking at other copies online, the same scribbles could be seen. So this is part of the artwork.

Perhaps I'm imagining things, but it seems like the scribbles spell out L-E-F. Or possibly, L-K-F. This of course is the initials of Mr. Louis K. Fine.  Is it possible that he sneaked in his initials on his very first comic book cover??

58e009ba34e64_ScreenShot2017-04-01at3_05_25PM.thumb.png.079cbe13bcc6452ce39903319ea47c38.png

That is a heck of an observation you have quite the eye and I would wager definitely not out of the realm of possibility!! Cool stuff!! 

Since my latest pickup was a Green Mask I figure I would post my very FIRST ever Fox book which I picked up a little over 2 years ago...Still sittin' in the ol' box!! Haven't seen many for sale since either...

16347495642_cdc20e6505_b.jpg

5 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

It does look like it. Great discovery!

5 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Since my latest pickup was a Green Mask I figure I would post my very FIRST ever Fox book which I picked up a little over 2 years ago...Still sittin' in the ol' box!! Haven't seen many for sale since either...

16347495642_cdc20e6505_b.jpg

Nice one to start with Gino. I don't think I 'VE ever seen that issue and it really delivers!