• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,191 posts in this topic

I didn't look at the Guide price or GPA of any book I bid on in the sale.

And this is why I generally shy away from top end auctions. Enduring analysis from the peanut gallery is not fun (and I am including myself in the group of people who talk to much about what other people buy). 

40 minutes ago, october said:

And this is why I generally shy away from top end auctions. Enduring analysis from the peanut gallery is not fun (and I am including myself in the group of people who talk to much about what other people buy). 

Party pooper.

12 minutes ago, october said:

I am...how should I put this...generally cheap as hell. Ponying up at auction is a new experience for me and part of my mind is still recoiling in horror from the experience.

I believe comic-connect puts a small supply of prozac in the shipment of record-setting winners to alleviate just such anxiety.

39 minutes ago, october said:

I am...how should I put this...generally cheap as hell. Ponying up at auction is a new experience for me and part of my mind is still recoiling in horror from the experience.

If it makes you feel any better I think you got GREAT BOOKS at GREAT PRICES!! ?

Thanks to a very generous boardie I was able to secure 2 Fox books this week that have been on my want list for quite some time and I am super psyched to post em' when i get em'!! 

5 hours ago, adamstrange said:

I didn't look at the Guide price or GPA of any book I bid on in the sale.

I did briefly, until I quickly realised that there was little to no point. This auction existed in a bubble of its own, with all previous sales being fairly irrelevant.

On 6/15/2017 at 5:15 AM, Johnny545 said:

Picked this up. Had to get one.

fan2.169a.jpg

GORGEOUS!!

On 6/16/2017 at 2:00 PM, gino2paulus2 said:

One of my absolute favorites not just of this run but of all the Fox books!! Wish I had one!!! Great Great pickup!! Whenever I see this book it reminds me of a movie I watched repeatedly as a youngster called Krull there is a scene when spikes come out of the wall and come to think of it the baddy in the back kind of looks similar to the main villain from the end of the film hm:cloud9:

Kinda reminds me of the "original" Star Wars garbage swamp scene. 

of the fox books, which ones seem to be the most rate (not necessarily the most valuable) or which ones are sleepers that have the most room for movement?

I know everyone goes first for Lou but Simon's books are scrubs either:baiting:

Edited by 1p36DSA

11 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Kinda reminds me of the "original" Star Wars garbage swamp scene. 

The cover does.

The interior story, however, matches the cover of Fantastic 3.

Fant4int.jpg

Fant4int2.jpg

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

The cover does.

The interior story, however, matches the cover of Fantastic 3.

Fant4int.jpg

Fant4int2.jpg

Yes indeed! Wonder if that guy with 6 bajillion copies of Fantastic #3 realizes that he should've actually been collecting #4 for the Samson vs. Robots story. lol

23 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I know this is quite a few notches down but any Wonderworld makes for a nice day :smile:

Wish all my 1.0s looked like that, holy cow. Nice one Rick!

31 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Yes indeed! Wonder if that guy with 6 bajillion copies of Fantastic #3 realizes that he should've actually been collecting #4 for the Samson vs. Robots story. lol

Especially if he knew about the other awesome stories.  It's a really cool comic.

Fant4int2.jpg

Fant4int1.jpg

Fant4int4.jpg

Fant4int3.jpg

31 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I know this is quite a few notches down but any Wonderworld makes for a nice day :smile:

IMG_5025.jpg

Cool pick up! 

On 6/20/2017 at 3:14 PM, Straw-Man said:

yes, said 2005 buyer is ecstatic [i know you meant mm 11 above, and not 10].  and that price would be a far cry from what it would take to pry it from me, but, as it's not for sale nor will it be in the near future, it's a moot point.

mysterymen11.jpg

To be argued in moot court? 

4 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

:gossip: Careful.  He hasn't yet mailed out your books ... and there's always the chance that he won't!