• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

OK, here is the recently discussed book. Zero graded copies. I think it's lovely :cloud9:

usj2f_zpsd00kekfs.jpeg

That collection of books with the blue + on them sure had a lot of killer later Fox books. My Wonderworld 32 is from the same batch. Congrats on a very rare book! (worship)

I was just going to comment on that!! awesome stuff and HUGE CONGRATS on the phenomenal pickup!!!!!! this book couldn't have went to a cooler dude!! great stuff :applause:

OK, here is the recently discussed book. Zero graded copies. I think it's lovely :cloud9:

usj2f_zpsd00kekfs.jpeg

That collection of books with the blue + on them sure had a lot of killer later Fox books. My Wonderworld 32 is from the same batch. Congrats on a very rare book! (worship)

That has always made me wonder Russell .... that blue ink stamped + or x. I recently sold this book (it's new owner won't mind me posting this as an example) and it too has that same cover marking!!

Wonderworld%2030%20front%20use_zps7n5trn7j.jpg

Another curious ink stamped marking I've seen on some of those later Fox books is this "FREE COPY" stamp. I recently sold this Wonderwolrd 29 & this other image was from a Mystery Men that I'd seen offered for sale. I've seen other copies that have this stamp and wonder of it's origin ....

Wonderworld%2029%20front%20use_zps1wuyifx4.jpg

Mystery%20Men%20free%20copy%202_zpsivioavlv.jpg

usj2f_zpsd00kekfs.jpeg

That has always made me wonder Russell .... that blue ink stamped + or x. I recently sold this book (it's new owner won't mind me posting this as an example) and it too has that same cover marking!!

Wonderworld%2030%20front%20use_zps7n5trn7j.jpg

2249204865_d216495551_z.jpg

I was told that some local guy in Baltimore used the stamp to mark his books. But he could be from anywhere. Is there a stamped book with a name?

Edited by BB-Gun

usj2f_zpsd00kekfs.jpeg

it sure is one helluva cool funny-book. good for you, young man.

Patenaude did some great end of run covers before Holyoke stepped in for a bit while Fox played with bankruptcy

156191.jpg.b995cd32c155cc87d2a6b061fa310eb1.jpg

Patenaude did some great end of run covers before Holyoke stepped in for a bit while Fox played with bankruptcy

156191.jpg

Wow. Both of those US Jones 2 books are beauties. The color on this one is just amazing. One day I hope to have a #2 to spend time with my #1. They're so tough to find!!

:cloud9:

Another curious ink stamped marking I've seen on some of those later Fox books is this "FREE COPY" stamp. I recently sold this Wonderwolrd 29 & this other image was from a Mystery Men that I'd seen offered for sale. I've seen other copies that have this stamp and wonder of it's origin ....

These Wonderworlds were here and gone in a heartbeat!! Congrats on the quick sale my friend thats awesome!! (thumbs u

156191.jpg

Wow. Both of those US Jones 2 books are beauties. The color on this one is just amazing. One day I hope to have a #2 to spend time with my #1. They're so tough to find!!

:cloud9:

Holy Moly JB strikes again!!! Phenomenal stuff is there anything you DONT have!!?!!

These Wonderworlds were here and gone in a heartbeat!! Congrats on the quick sale my friend thats awesome!! (thumbs u

Thanks Gino! I let 'em go 'cause I knew it'd be too tough to add any more.

usj2f_zpsd00kekfs.jpeg

it sure is one helluva cool funny-book. good for you, young man.

KILLER Church copy!!! (worship)(worship) STUNNING Jon, just stunning :ohnoez: Making me dizzy :ohnoez:

These show I am greedy, love Larsons but how about those Foxes

156219.jpg.bf3ba990a8d9a8c5892cccad78b48301.jpg

156220.jpg.fdd0cd1c900bd6b8b28aa9a9740ad03f.jpg

156221.jpg.cce110a416db0cbd7deb15966ec37019.jpg

156222.jpg.b3c9175a28cad952acfb2736bfd637d6.jpg

These show I am greedy, love Larsons but how about those Foxes

awesome !!! I'm partial to the #27 and should have one sooner than later before the years end!! :wishluck: