• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

No wonder you had that goofy grin all week! :kidaround:

Congratulaions on such a cool pickup. :applause:

Well I worked my 1st SDCC this weekend and took home this funny book! What a great weekend !image.jpg1_zpsrunw20ms.jpg

The #5 front cover was kind of intriguing because the reds and oranges appear to be kind of sun-faded in the top 2/3rds... yet the background blues (which often fade to a dull gray on Fox covers) still look pretty strong.

Wasn't surprised at the 5 ending strong, even in the grade. Haven't seen that one on the market in a while. Was entertaining bidding, but ultimately waiting for CC and C'Link auctions for potential pricey spending items( sorry HA, nothing I personally 'have to have/ want this time around). But I am obviously a spectator for Suspense 3 hammer price .

Raw is the new slabbed? (shrug)

my fox books have all been obtained in the cgc era, and almost all are slabbed. a few raw books are in the run, and they are fun to thumb up.

mysterymen9.jpg

It really doesn't get better than this :cloud9:

This is the first time I ever noticed the translucent skeleton showing through the alien in the foreground. Very cool!