• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

I don't know if I've ever posted in here before, I don't have many Fox books. But I just got one today, so might as well share it:

Dorothy_Lamour_4_zpsw3crthoz.jpg

Not a Fox book, you say? But it is, as the first page shows:

Dorothy_Lamour_int_zpsnpwr89bh.jpg

The interesting thing is what the interior ISN'T... which is Dorothy Lamour 2 or 3, or even Jungle Lil 1. It's clearly an issue of the Fox series, but it wasn't actually ever published by Fox. Nobody's quite sure if all copies were remaindered without being released, or if whoever had the Red Circle covers got plates to an issue somehow.

If anyone could post the covers for the Fox Science Comics books, I'd love that. Most of my searches turn up the wrong version of Science Comics :(

Here are a number of Sciences with several pedigrees......jb

Here are some others which I have posted before.........the runs for the older ones are plain nice books to have.........enjoy jb

159288.jpg.7e2ae9e2e68a493eaf20f800698a6dd2.jpg

159289.jpg.06c076559ed08c53b4764f0ddf6b85be.jpg

159290.jpg.41d197f56ae80566d7ecfe139153143a.jpg

159291.jpg.488e375edaaa9af275b424a9d6622791.jpg

frankenbook, but it's all I got...

science4.jpg

Just a bloody impossible book. Nabbed this one last year. Tied for top census, with a smidge better PQ.

image_zps8xhmglz6.jpg

Very nice! Does that sticker say Atlantic City Collection?

Any back history on this you could share?

If anyone could post the covers for the Fox Science Comics books, I'd love that. Most of my searches turn up the wrong version of Science Comics :(

Here are a number of Sciences with several pedigrees......jb

:cloud9:

Very nice! Does that sticker say Atlantic City Collection?

Any back history on this you could share?

I thought that name rung a bell.

Atlantic City was a high grade collection found a few years ago by Metro which featured several HG copies of the early Action books. I remember they put them up for auction on their CC website and got some really nice prices for some of these books.

For example, I still remember HG copies of Action 10 going for over a quarter million dollars and Action 13 for almost $200K, when these books were still guiding for around only $65K and $30K respectively.

Never mind, just found the following Google link to the collection:

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?NewsletterNewsArticleID=1366

Probably because the collection was too small and did not have enough of the numero uno keys which a similar small pedigree like the Allentown Collection had. Still, the nicest copies of Action 10 and Action 13, probably amongst others, to come to market after all these years. :cloud9:

Personally, I thought it should have been been given a pedigree designation, but then what do I know. (shrug)