• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

An 8+ year quest came to an end this month when I was finally able to marry my Fantastic Comics #22 front cover with a coverless interior. Huge thanks to amigo Gino for tipping me off about the coverless copy! I definitely would have missed out on it if not for his thoughtfulness.

Without further adieu, here's a complete-as-it's-going-to-get copy of Fantastic Comics #22.

sma62b.jpg

:golfclap: Congrats! I think that ship has sailed for me, but I can always view copies of the few lucky Boardies who have one.

An 8+ year quest came to an end this month when I was finally able to marry my Fantastic Comics #22 front cover with a coverless interior. Huge thanks to amigo Gino for tipping me off about the coverless copy! I definitely would have missed out on it if not for his thoughtfulness.

Without further adieu, here's a complete-as-it's-going-to-get copy of Fantastic Comics #22.

sma62b.jpg

Congrats! One of the toughest -- and strangest! -- of the Hitler covers.

:applause: That one has been a long time coming so congrats on sticking with it. You'll enjoy it for a loooong time coming. :thumbsup: to Gino for the assist.

The Rajon Rondo of the boards! :D

sma62b.jpg

Congrats on putting it together too. Talk about needle in a haystack. Love married books.

sma62b.jpg

That book is gorgeous, the story makes it even better. Great see a friend come through for you in a big way.

sma62b.jpg

(thumbs u

Thanks all for the kind words!

Punyhuman, no Fletcher Hanks in this one -- his stories ran in Fantastic #1-8 (skipping #9) and #10-16, if memory serves. I'll try to post up a few interior pages sometime soon.

sma62b.jpg

(thumbs u

:applause::applause: Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! Looks like a match made in heaven brother!! Really neat when the quest ends with something as cool and rare as this. Cover image is super clean too man you just can't beat it. The vows couldn't have been performed by a nicer guy!! :grin: HUGE congrats dude!! :applause::applause:

It's crazy how tough this book is. GPA has only two reported sales -- a 4.5 that sold for $259 in 2003, and a 5.0 that sold for $1236 in 2013. Even that 5.0 seems cheap now. Other than my two incomplete parts, I've literally never seen a single copy for sale.

As a footnote, I've always thought Weird Comics #20 was equally tough, but surprisingly quite a few copies have turned up in the last few years once the price exploded.

It's crazy how tough this book is. GPA has only two reported sales -- a 4.5 that sold for $259 in 2003, and a 5.0 that sold for $1236 in 2013. Even that 5.0 seems cheap now. Other than my two incomplete parts, I've literally never seen a single copy for sale.

As a footnote, I've always thought Weird Comics #20 was equally tough, but surprisingly quite a few copies have turned up in the last few years once the price exploded.

fantastic20comics202220a0001_zpsejdfvlpg.jpg

And you still haven't seen another copy that's for sale! :D

Awesome! :whee:

:applause::applause: Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! Looks like a match made in heaven brother!! Really neat when the quest ends with something as cool and rare as this. Cover image is super clean too man you just can't beat it. The vows couldn't have been performed by a nicer guy!! :grin: HUGE congrats dude!! :applause::applause:

Thanks again bro. I owe you one. (thumbs u

:o(worship) So you were the lucky person that snagged this one from the sweetest boardie out there??!!!!!!! Well done my friend well done!!!!!! I told her that's right up there with the single coolest copies of any comic book that has ever come off the press!!!

And yes P5 these two books if they ever came to market would be Super fun to watch at least with the trends they seem to be on right now. Heck even the brittle 2.0 Weird 20 raked in like $1800 or something. If you have low grade copies of either of these books now is the time to sell!!!! and to me preferably :D:foryou:

Thanks again bro. I owe you one. (thumbs u

Simply being the gentleman who started this thread is payment enough for me!!! (thumbs u I think I've went through it 20 times haha!!! Neatest stuff on the boards IMO!!

WOW WOW WOW WOW :golfclap:(worship)