• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Spyder! said:

@Straw-Man Thanks for the tip on the Blue Beetle books!  Your Fox collection is absolutely amazing! 

Fantastic 3 and Science 2 are very high on my personal want list (although I never expect to have a real chance at owning Fantastic 3).

here are the other 2 you'll want.   i've been after an upgrade of #1 for ages...

bb1.jpg

bb2.jpg

14 hours ago, Spyder! said:

MM2 in 2.5 going for $2,900 really blew my mind. That was another one I was targeting. 

Of all the Fox sales last night, the MM2 hammer price did not much surprise me. It is the 2nd Mystery Men, and the 2nd robot cover, and one of the very coolest -- and one of the very hardest -- MM's to find.

13 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Thanks Jay!

This is really my first time branching out since getting into golden age books and being so focused on Planet Comics and a few other Fiction House books.  These early Fox books are just pretty special and I can resist no longer!

Weird 2, MM9, and Planet 58. Any others in the “x-Ray irradiation imaging” category?

What comes next? Well, I like Wonderworld, Mystery Men, Fantastic, Science, and Weird, mostly the Fine and Simon covers. 

Why can’t I ever fall in love with a run of cheap books? :cry:

8 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

nothing quite as cool as the 48 fox books thru 7/40.   probably the favorite part of my g.a. collection these days, and i would've never thought i'd prize something above the timelys.

you need to throw the first 3 blue beetles in there, spyder.

I have drunk Straw-Man's KoolAid. Those Fine/Simon covers from the very earliest of the Foxes... there is no other ecstasy like it.

9 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

I have drunk Straw-Man's KoolAid. Those Fine/Simon covers from the very earliest of the Foxes... there is no other ecstasy like it.

they are bewitching, to be sure.

y'all have me fox jonesing today--here come the run of ped copies i've managed to grab.

fantastic4.jpg

7 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

i would've never thought i'd prize something above the timelys.

:whatthe: Heretic!