• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

lawd, how long have i been on the prowl for upgrades to 7 & 8---i'm sure one or both will fall to me this weekend.   riiiiiight.

Well, if your weekend dreams are fulfilled, and I hope they are, I call shotgun on your 7 and 8 undercopies! :foryou:

9 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

lawd, how long have i been on the prowl for upgrades to 7 & 8---i'm sure one or both will fall to me this weekend.   riiiiiight.

It's a magnificent set as is so you should be able to rest easy while you wait! :applause:

Could anyone tell me which Fox artist this is? For some reason, this looks familiar, but I’m not sure who (and I think it’s all the same artist) could have drawn this particular art from late 1940:

zxq4I7X.jpg

vlCHHfw.jpg

vZqnG9v.jpg

FG5LYKc.jpg

zs8gWaA.jpg

H6ataIR.jpg

dU2oF7V.jpg

QENAhiy.jpg

LfviOpq.jpg

TiwwfsD.jpg

Source: CB+

Edit: Found out it may be Rolland Livingstone who drew the art.

Edited by Electricmastro

On 10/3/2020 at 6:54 PM, mwotka said:

Wonderworlds, Fantastics, and now Mystery Men.  What a treat, thank you all for sharing!  I am blessed with the occasional Fox issue, but I can't lay a whole run on you.  Here is one of my best...

Science Comics 1 7.0R.jpg

Generally overshadowed by Science #2, but I do so love this book. There's a bizarre pulp weirdness that's hard to look away from. Your copy presents super sweet!!:cloud9:

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

upgrades of mm 7 & 8 did NOT make their way to me this w’kend, dammit.  

I demand a congressional investigation! rantrant