• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, JimButlerGA said:

I thought I’d join the party with my most recent Fox WWII cover. Third highest graded. I jumped on it like a spider-monkey!

25EF76EB-5AE6-4341-8322-4BE90E33FB38.jpeg

13 hours ago, JimButlerGA said:

Here’s my Eagle run.

3D7ED1C8-B93E-4C94-AA1C-B5792EABE3CF.jpeg

9B34B74F-00ED-4B17-8D04-2F1A8E59E8A9.jpeg

34EC3BF3-8BD4-4B7C-ABC1-57D62170BD58.jpeg

3CC6E25A-BCC4-4455-AA94-E9BA1E3C433C.jpeg

Jim’s putting on a clinic here gang!!!! Great books bro!!!

5 hours ago, Funnybooks said:
5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Are you really trying to tell us that you got something better than the Allentown copy of Wonderworld Comics 3 that you picked up last summer?  hm  :cloud9:

Do tell...

Maybe he's going for a double and plan to pick up this Church copy of Wonderworld 3 in the next CL Featured Auction so that he'll have a set of matching bookends for his Wonderworld run:  :luhv:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dwonderworld%2Bcomics%2B3%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1467075&id=1467075&itemType=0

00020712394097111485124009.jpg

Yes indeed, a little bit surprised thst it's coming back to market so soon after selling for something like $64K+ in a CC Event Auction just last summer in 2020.  :whatthe:

Sad to see that so many of today's buyers are really more like flippers in that they can't seem to hold onto their books for very long at all.  :frown:

Edited by lou_fine

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes indeed, a little bit surprised thst it's coming back to market so soon after selling for something like $64K+ in a CC Event Auction just last summer in 2020.  :whatthe:

Sad to see that so many of today's buyers are really more like flippers in that they can't seem to hold onto their books for very long at all.  :frown:

It's gonna lose money.

On 3/6/2021 at 5:27 PM, lou_fine said:

Are you really trying to tell us that you got something better than the Allentown copy of Wonderworld Comics 3 that you picked up last summer?  hm  :cloud9:

nothing like that; but as a hint, a formerly restored "big'un" got reversed and is coming back blue.   pretty excited about it.  pix to follow of it, and a handful more that were resubmitted.

6 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

nothing like that; but as a hint, a formerly restored "big'un" got reversed and is coming back blue. 

I bet you're tickled pink!

2 hours ago, adamstrange said:
8 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

nothing like that; but as a hint, a formerly restored "big'un" got reversed and is coming back blue. 

I bet you're tickled pink!

Probably more like tickled blue in this case here. :bigsmile:  (thumbsu

On 3/7/2021 at 10:14 AM, lou_fine said:

On 3/7/2021 at 2:20 PM, comicnoir said:

It's gonna lose money.

So, are you really trying to tell us that the Church copy of Wonderworld Comics 3 is probably going to have a tough time beating this book here:  :p  

00063922399000111127459004.jpg

Even if I was blind as a bat, I would know which one of these books I would take in a heartbeat without any wasted thinking at all.  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

18 minutes ago, comicnoir said:
1 hour ago, Funnybooks said:

Transformers 1 9.9?

building-a-smarter-bank-with-ron-shevlin-2-638.jpg?cb=1433355045

Expand  

It's a 9.9 fer gosh sakes.

Oh, come on you guys..........this copy of Transformers 1 is only the relatively "common as dirt" Direct edition of the book.  :p

Just imagine if it was the "super rare" Newsstand edition of Transformers 1.........why it might go for the equivalent of the Church copies for both Wonderworld 3 and Mystery Men 1 combined.  :bigsmile:  :screwy:

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Oh, come on you guys..........this copy of Transformers 1 is only the relatively "common as dirt" Direct edition of the book.  :p

Just imagine if it was the "super rare" Newsstand edition of Transformers 1.........why it might go for the equivalent of the Church copies for both Wonderworld 3 and Mystery Men 1 combined.  :bigsmile:  :screwy:

If the book did not originally come off this newsstand, I'm not interested..:applause:

7a3b62edc9bd3194a113bb6303847d45.jpg

1 minute ago, Spyder! said:

I'll never understand the obsession over 9.9's.  Talk about buying the label and not the book.  What's the difference between a 9.8 and a 9.9?  Nothing.  There is no difference.  I'd challenge any grader to look at 9.8's and 9.9's out of the holder and accurately pick which was which.

Give me 1.0 Fox books all day!

I'll toast to that!

group-friends-toast-to-cheers-cognac-brandy-120613989.jpg

6 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I'll never understand the obsession over 9.9's.  Talk about buying the label and not the book.  What's the difference between a 9.8 and a 9.9?  Nothing.  There is no difference.  I'd challenge any grader to look at 9.8's and 9.9's out of the holder and accurately pick which was which.

Give me 1.0 Fox books all day!

I love the cut of your jib

.5 coupon cut,doesn't affect art or story alllll day