• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fox Comics Appreciation Thread!
20 20

7,165 posts in this topic

Finally, a smattering of Mystery Mens and Wonderworlds.

74698.jpg

What a group of groups!!!! :o

DAMN, Jon!!! (worship) Don't post these after I have sold off almost all my Foxes. You are going to suck me back in!! Fantastic collection, sir!

Great shots, great books. Fox had it going on with the cover art. And the Fine FLAME stories.

And lest we forget, Flencher Hanks.

Help! I can't stop posting this book, or looking at it. I think I am addicted to a Fox...

Fantastic6rescan.jpg

it's just so damn golden-agey.

My stupid scanner can't do justice to the colors at the top. As you know, the book has to be held to be truly appreciated.

here's Ritter's scan. It is too dark, mine is to light. The books is actually somewhere in the middle

FantCom_6_90.jpg

Here is my copy which I purchased on ebay several years ago. It hasn't escaped from its plastic case. It never had one.

I bet they don't sell as cheaply these days. They are pretty good items to collect. All of the titles look good except for Green Mask.

The funky artwork has a charm and the creativity of the stories attracts attention.

3245602840_ebdf84b67c_b.jpg

Hey, thank you everyone for all the kind comments. :foryou:

And while I'm in the neighborhood, let's give credit where it's due!

Kudos to the following forumites for kindly selling me these Foxes over the years:

Sharon (skypinkblu) -- Weird #6, 7, 9, 16

Steve (143ksk) -- Fantastic #4, Mystery Men #27

and the good Mr. Heshka for Science #1 and Weird #3.

Jon B, I'm always in awe of your collection, but man, especially in awe of that Weird #20. Don't know if I'll ever find one.

agro23, thanks for the link! Very tempting but going to have to pass right now...too many other things in the works.

Bill/ciorac, I'm pretty much in a holding pattern on the Foxes. I'm real happy with the ones I have, and the ones I still need

are too expensive or too scarce, so I'm focused on various other goals (quack) right now.

Cheers all! :)

Certain of the Edd Ashe covers for Fox really appeal to me....so with a little of this and a little of that, i dove for the Church copy of Blue Beetle 4.....It evokes a certain "calmness"...(or as calm as you can be swinging above skyscrappers)

jb

76868.jpg.a9c3add94823107ed0cfa878c0e3c775.jpg

Certain of the Edd Ashe covers for Fox really appeal to me....so with a little of this and a little of that, i dove for the Church copy of Blue Beetle 4.....It evokes a certain "calmness"...(or as calm as you can be swinging above skyscrappers)

jb

Fantastic book Jon! :applause:

those allentowns' reminded me my only one is a fox.

mysterymen11.jpg

Ah, a beautiful book...I remember it well. :cloud9:

Just a beautiful run. Big congrats! :applause:

Thanks (thumbs u