• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 107 9.9

238 posts in this topic

First post folks.

I'd like to oddly thank you guys. I worked at a store named Fantazia back in the 80s and always wondered what happened to the proprietor.

Well, $, if you're out there I hope you're doing all right.

And I hope you finally moved those Fugitoids foreheadslap.gif

Time for me to start collecting again.

South Central ave. to be precise. shy.gif

Yes I worked for Dan ($) for years. A few years after I went to USC, he disapeared (not implying anything nefarious). I guess this is when he hooked up w/ the dude from the island.

I know he's the anti-Christ to some of you guys, but he was a friend of mine. I'm actually glad the guy is still around and alive. Sad to see what happened. Some crazy stuff went on in that store, but all I can say is that maybe some of you folks remember what the biz was like in the mid-80s- kinda of like the wild west. I am in no way defending what is alleged though- please understand that.

I'm really overjoyed the industry has grown and matured since I've been away. I'm still reeling from the sticker shock on some books. The spideys and the FF arent surprising. Nor the X-men- they were the rage back then and everyone knew they'd arrive. But the "lesser" tier titles and books are surprising (showcase #4 893whatthe.gif Flash 105?) Adventures and Strange Tales dont seem to have moved much confused.gif But again, that seems natch considering the fan base.

Still trying to come up to speed. Ye Gawds, if only ebay existed when I was a tyke!

Im assuming Moses is the tag-team partner from your sig.

No, no pics, dont recall the name. Might have met him before. I knew Dan in the 80s, apparently pre"Hammer," or "Herbally Supplemented" as we used to say. wink.gif

I had emailed Dolgoff, and he said he had no idea what happened to Dan- must've thought I had evil in my heart. tongue.gif

BTW- thanks for your sig, that's the link how I found out. Again, I'm glad that stuff is behind him. Unfortunate to see a friend from twenty years ago go through that.

Great board, can't wait for my overstreet to arrive so I can get back into activity. I'm having a hard time to believe people are paying some of these prices for moderns, considering the print runs on these books, and the fact that the kiddies were bagging and boarding them immed. as "collector's items."

If anyone has any high-end Ditko Strange tales, feel free to email me. hi.gif

Again, I'm glad that stuff is behind him. Unfortunate to see a friend from twenty years ago go through that.

What stuff is behind him? It almost sounds like you're under the impression he's not up to the same old stuff he's been up to for the last few decades.

Last post on this thread.

He was a friend of mine.

Not here to debate what he did, what he's doing, what he will do. I have no basis for the last two. Not here to debate people's anecdotes or experiences with Dupcak. Not here to debate $ at all, just to post a thanks for the link on his whereabouts.

That's it. Don't mean to offend anyone.