• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 107 9.9

238 posts in this topic

You know small meaningless details like PROOF of what you just said.

Yeah MK, do you have PROOF of the transaction, or are you just TRYING to yank someone's chain? mad.gif It looks to me like it might be a FABRICATION in order to SUPPORT your theories! Or maybe you're just TRYING to be someone WORTHY of BUYING such A great BOOK!!

Hey Doc, You and I both know that anyone can come on here, speak out against this seller with any story whatsoever, true or false, be believed 100% even without proof and win instant board acclaim. acclaim.gif This isn't a given?

You're going to pretend also that there is any deffrence or fair treatment afforded this seller. You yourself try to victimize him as much as possible whenever possible.

Like I've said before, you're all decided on this. Only thing left to do is act on your hatred and if none of you will join the lynch mob yourselves and go gunning for this guy, hire some wranglers to do your dirty work for you, if you're afraid that the same thing will happen to you that happened to the three guys that Nick Nolte hired to beat up DiNero in "Cape Fear".

At least you'll be doing something other than crying tragic operatic recitative everytime you post.

In true Kreskin fashion, I predict that soon, dozens of Forum members will suddenly remember similar experience like Major Khaos. They will suddenly awaken to the "fact" that they did buy something from Comic-Keys after all (even though up to now they have no knowledge of it). Like coming out of a coma or hypnotic state. insane.gif

I further predict that all of these items that Forum members had no prior knowledge or memory of purchasing from Comic-Keys will have been restored! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I shudder to think of any of you being called for jury duty:

Prosecutor (opening statement): "And in closing, I'd like you to return me a guilty verdict".

Jury Foreman (to the judge): "Your honor, we'd like to give you our decision".

Judge: " 893whatthe.gif You haven't even heard the defense's opening statement, or viewed the evidence".

Jury Foreman (to the judge): "That's OK. We don't have to your honor. We've already reached a verdict".

In true Kreskin fashion, I predict that soon, dozens of Forum members will suddenly remember similar experience like Major Khaos. They will suddenly awaken to the "fact" that they did buy something from Comic-Keys after all (even though up to now they have no knowledge of it). Like coming out of a coma or hypnotic state. insane.gif

I further predict that all of these items that Forum members had no prior knowledge or memory of purchasing from Comic-Keys will have been restored! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I shudder to think of any of you being called for jury duty:

Prosecutor (opening statement): "And in closing, I'd like you to return me a guilty verdict".

Jury Foreman (to the judge): "Your honor, we'd like to give you our decision".

Judge: " 893whatthe.gif You haven't even heard the defense's opening statement, or viewed the evidence".

Jury Foreman (to the judge): "That's OK. We don't have to your honor. We've already reached a verdict".

This is just too funny, you have to love it.

If it looks like a Hammer, if it smells like a Hammer, and if it sounds like a Hammer. It must be a HAMMER.

BS, why didn't you ask Andrew or the others for proof of their transactions? Is there any reason you believe that they actually bought from c-k, yet feel that khaos hasn't? I would think only c-k would know that for sure. And what about clobby's positive transaction. You forgot to demand proof from him, too. I would think that because he was the only one whose experience differed, that you would be more suspicious of him than the others.

Unless you know something we don't?

-- Joanna

Ok, I bought a comic from comickeys. It was a copy of Origin 1 in NM. I sent it to CGC and sure enough, it was restored. I called comickeys about it and he offered to take it back for a refund. Sorry, I can't remember when, or the auction number or actually if it was comickeys. But, it probably was. The same thing happened with a copy of JLA 70, Hulk 50, and Marville 1. After the 4th time, I started getting suspicious.

Well, I can say I never bought from Comic-Keys. I have bid on his auctions but never seem to be able to win no matter what I bid. I do not think I will try anytime soon because there are too many red flags, he has too many things to hide. His excuses for private auctions and private feedback are suspect at best and criminal at worst. Neither of which has there been any concrete evidence from my perspective. I would think that someone with such high grade books would be getting them cgc'd and making l, literally, hundreds of thousands of dollars more the past few years. Not to mention, there does not seem to be one large legitimate dealer who will do business with this guy. You would think that with such a bad reputation he would try vindicate himself. Regardless of whether he cares about what people think of him, It just does not make any good business sense not to try clear his name. As long as he runs private auctions, has private feedback , and refuses to meet people face to face - comic-keys will never be taken seriously or as a legitimate dealer. I would love for him to be legitimate, the books he does auction appear unbelievable. Maybe I will win one of his auctions and he will allow me to pick it up and meet him. Personally, if the book was good ( and I can pick up restoration) and he agreed to me picking it up - that would clear any doubts in my book. Unfortunately, in the words of Locke and my signature -

" The mind should . . . reject or receive proportionably to the preponderancy of the greater grounds of probability. "

What is more probable here - comic-keys being one of the good guys or one of the bad guys. Time will tell.

Tomega

You yourself try to victimize him as much as possible whenever possible.

I'm NOT trying to victimize "him" hammer, I'm trying to victimize YOU for denying you're HIM! You were doing a FINE job of deviating from your old MO, until you questioned MK's PROOF of his dealings with comic_keys. 893naughty-thumb.gif

As far as my dealings with comic_keys, I did buy an early Silver Age, black-covered X-men from him, have the Paypal transaction data documenting payment to Richard Koos for the book, and WILL be sending it to CGC such that I don't have to rely on second-hand information to formulate an opinion. I'll let you know how it turns out... tongue.gif

jesus when will all this END 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It'll end like it always does...when Hammer stops taking his riddilin and starts threatening everyone...then he'll get suspended...then thrown off....then he'll be back a week later..with a new name...

Jonny D. insane.gif

Ok, I bought a comic from comickeys. It was a copy of Origin 1 in NM. I sent it to CGC and sure enough, it was restored. I called comickeys about it and he offered to take it back for a refund. Sorry, I can't remember when, or the auction number or actually if it was comickeys. But, it probably was. The same thing happened with a copy of JLA 70, Hulk 50, and Marville 1. After the 4th time, I started getting suspicious.

No offense, but I have never seen comic-keys ever selll any Origin, Hulk 50's, or Marville ever. Most of those book are virtually worthless in the grand scheme of things, I doubt he would waste his time selling them. Aside from a Hulk 181 or a X-men 94 here and there, I cannot remember any book he sold that was after 1975. You must be confusing him with another seller.

Tomega

No offense, but I have never seen comic-keys ever selll any Origin, Hulk 50's, or Marville ever. Most of those book are virtually worthless in the grand scheme of things, I doubt he would waste his time selling them. Aside from a Hulk 181 or a X-men 94 here and there, I cannot remember any book he sold that was after 1975. You must be confusing him with another seller.

Tomega

Lighten up. It was a joke. And.... no offense taken. grin.gif

I mean what are the odds of buying four modern age comics from a seller on e-bay, even bothering to get them CGC'd and them ALL coming back restored?

Well, maybe if you bought from comickeys. 27_laughing.gif

(Hope I don't get any hate mail.) frown.gif

Major, You bought both of these books from Comic-Keys? Why did you wait until now to divulge that? I don't suppose that you would still have a record of payment or postal receipts and the records of which Ebay auctions they were, would you?

You know small meaningless details like PROOF of what you just said. I would think that if you didn't, your statement could be construed as an attempt to libel that seller without a shred of proof of transactions to back up your claim, other than just saying you bought such and such.

Like PROOF that the seller is "scrambling" to buy a 9.9 Hulk. Anyone out there get an email or inquiry from someone desperate and "scrambling" to buy a perfect Hulk 107?

I have a long, LONG paper trail for you to follow, friend. Why don't we set up a meeting and we can continue to exchange ideas? Nah, nevermind... after all, it's just not worth our time. (Of course, unlike yourself, I don't charge by the hour.)

Please be nice to me as this is my first post.Im looking to liquidate a collection of books and possibly build on one line of books so Ive been reading these forums regularly.I feel Ive met a lot of dealers that without much more than reading their posts I would trust whole heartedly with sending a book and ask no questions.Ive been on the internet since its inception and realize that the anonymity of it is sometimes a very nice thing to have and a very good way to hide.(chatrooms etc.)

In a forum such as this I know that the majority of you guys and gals all know each other.I really have a problem with someone claiming to know so much and yet try and be so anonymous.(ie Dupcak,Methusalah,Hammer,Shotski)

If one is a legitimate dealer in the comic book marketplace or has something to say about it should they not be willing to admit to who they are so they can make sales to others on the board or at least have some credibility when they talk/vent?

Maybe Ive mistaken this place for another chatroom where people just insult each other all day long.All I know is that if youre not willing to say who you are then youve got something to hide.

Thank you for listening. ( : 893blahblah.gif

Please be nice to me as this is my first post.Im looking to liquidate a collection of books and possibly build on one line of books so Ive been reading these forums regularly.I feel Ive met a lot of dealers that without much more than reading their posts I would trust whole heartedly with sending a book and ask no questions.Ive been on the internet since its inception and realize that the anonymity of it is sometimes a very nice thing to have and a very good way to hide.(chatrooms etc.)

In a forum such as this I know that the majority of you guys and gals all know each other.I really have a problem with someone claiming to know so much and yet try and be so anonymous.(ie Dupcak,Methusalah,Hammer,Shotski)

If one is a legitimate dealer in the comic book marketplace or has something to say about it should they not be willing to admit to who they are so they can make sales to others on the board or at least have some credibility when they talk/vent?

Maybe Ive mistaken this place for another chatroom where people just insult each other all day long.All I know is that if youre not willing to say who you are then youve got something to hide.

Thank you for listening. ( : 893blahblah.gif

Holy [!@#%^&^]. This has gone from mildly amusing to truly sad. You have completely lost touch with reality.

I've never actually watched someone melt down in a post-by-post manner... except for the last time you did, but this seems to be much worse. People joke about you going off your meds, but it's not funny when it's true.

Im trying not to comment anymore...but that was truly pathetic. I know hes doing it to make fun of us, or even to trick one or more to take the bait of a collection to be liquidated.....but its really just sad...I'm outtahere. game over for me. how about you guys?