• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 107 9.9

238 posts in this topic

And believe me, if this book comes back Blue Label, I will be bidding in lots more comic-keys auctions.

Right....and my experience with 2 4K Avenger's #1's, along with Shuley's experience on a 3K ASM #14, or comic paradox's 5 books that all came back purple labels, not to mention the others that FF mentioned is not enough proof? For months before I joined, all of you just wanted some proof. Now you have it, and it's not enough. Why will this Hulk be any different?

Here's the thing: This Hulk book is nothing. He may very well have an unrestored version, and if he knows he's sending it to another board member, that's what you'll get. Go drop 3-4K on a bigger book, and send it walk-thru. See what happens then.

Simmer down, AK... it's just 'House and his wacky tobbaccy bidding frenzy that painted him into this perilous, horrible corner of Shammer Book Buying. We just let him flap his gums now and when he does dump obscene amounts of money into a PLOD then simply hold him close, cradling him gently in your arms (let him wear his diaper if he wants to... and he likes his pacifier dipped in honey first) and tell him that everything's going to be okay, that Goth Girls still dig tall guys, and that my address is... oops, gotta go. Time for Seinfeld!

That would ruin everything, wouldn't it? But it sure would shed light on who's right and who's wrong.

Oh yeah, forget my experience, forget Shuley's experience, forget comicparadox's experience, and lets also forget the others that don't or won't post here. Lets forget the fact that Comic-Keys has no problem selling a solid NM ASM #1 raw, and foregoing about 40K extra that he could make getting it slabbed. Let's forget the countless other books that could have made him a multiple millionaire by getting them all slabbed. And lets forget the fact that the same NM ASM #1 is constantly relisted, as well as many others. Lets forget the fact that he claimed to be a surgeon. Let's forget the fact that he won't show his face anywhere, even through arranged private meetings. Lets forget the fact that if his inventory were legit, you'd have guys like Bob Storms, Metro, Comgeek(Steve), Tom B and all the other top buyers breaking down his door. Lets forget his private auctions, private feedback, and everything else that has been discussed ad nasium on these boards.

Let's forget ALL that if this Hulk comes back unrestored.

Simmer down, AK... it's just 'House and his wacky tobbaccy bidding frenzy that painted him into this perilous, horrible corner of Shammer Book Buying. We just let him flap his gums now and when he does dump obscene amounts of money into a PLOD then simply hold him close, cradling him gently in your arms (let him wear his diaper if he wants to... and he likes his pacifier dipped in honey first) and tell him that everything's going to be okay, that Goth Girls still dig tall guys, and that my address is... oops, gotta go. Time for Seinfeld!

MK, that wasn't directed at lighthous specifically, just this whole debate.

MK, that wasn't directed at lighthous specifically, just this whole debate.

wink.gif

Oh yeah, forget my experience, forget Shuley's experience, forget comicparadox's experience, and lets also forget the others that don't or won't post here. Lets forget the fact that Comic-Keys has no problem selling a solid NM ASM #1 raw, and foregoing about 40K extra that he could make getting it slabbed. Let's forget the countless other books that could have made him a multiple millionaire by getting them all slabbed. And lets forget the fact that the same NM ASM #1 is constantly relisted, as well as many others. Lets forget the fact that he claimed to be a surgeon. Let's forget the fact that he won't show his face anywhere, even through arranged private meetings. Lets forget the fact that if his inventory were legit, you'd have guys like Bob Storms, Metro, Comgeek(Steve), Tom B and all the other top buyers breaking down his door. Lets forget his private auctions, private feedback, and everything else that has been discussed ad nasium on these boards.

Very well put! sumo.gif

That would ruin everything, wouldn't it? But it sure would shed light on who's right and who's wrong.

Well, when you put like that...... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifgrin.gif

Nice summing up AK. Perhaps this post could be put up in all future threads relating to this topic...

Nice summing up AK. Perhaps this post could be put up in all future threads relating to this topic...

Good idea. I'll save it, and put it up anytime anyone feels that there is actually a "debate" to be had here. And if I'm not around or don't see the thread, anyone else can feel free to post it for me.

All that ad looks like to me is an advertisement for a restoration service. For all you or I know, that could have been a separate service ran completely aside from a selling or buying operation.

Did the owner ever say that he was the one performing the restoration? From what I understand, and I may be wrong, William Sarill used to perform a restoration service working for a major dealer, still in operation today. Not for the dealer, but the dealer "sub-contracting" work for him based on their say-so. Their vouching for his expertise. He used to demonstrate at this dealer's table at shows in the 1980s before he went out on his own.

I don't think that it would be wise for any dealer to advertise a restoration service and to deal in the selling of comics any more than it would for employees of CGC or Heritage to buy and sell comics on their own.

In that ad, there is no mention of an individual entity, "I can do this, I can do that". There is the collective "we". How do we know if this Dupcak did the work, which as a seller, would not be smart at all to advertise, or if the service was a contractual one, the store having someone in particular that the work is contracted to?

Not that it really matters because as I've said, if the Hulk 107 that everyone is crying and ranting about is proven clean, after everyone is so sure that it isn't and over 500 posts have been made on what a fraud it is, someone will find another demon to take it's place. Nobody will say, "Gee, we were wrong about that, Sorry!"

Damned if it is, damned if it isn't.

Man, I go away for a few minutes to help some customers and a thread runs away from me...

AK, I'm sure you've read enough of my posts to know my real opinion here. And I knew that this wasn't directed at me, even before you posted.

I sincerely hope the book comes back blue label, and not because that will prove anything. If the book comes back blue label (and is the same book in the scan), I plan to sell it on eBay and use the net proceeds to buy drinks for all the forum members at San Diego...

If it comes back PLOD, well then I will have paid my entry fee into the "I got a Restored book from Comic-Keys" club... No hard feelings, no regrets. You won't see me join in the personal attacks afterwards, as I don't feel it's productive. I'll allow my id to be used in lists when FF feels the need to post them, but I don't feel a need to join a lynchmob. Nobody is forcing me to bid in this auction. It's just something I decided to do.

I just hope that if BlackShotzy IS Hammer/Meth that he reveals his identity soon... I miss the strip club anecdotes... frown.gif

If it comes back PLOD, well then I will have paid my entry fee into the "I got a Restored book from Comic-Keys" club... No hard feelings, no regrets. You won't see me join in the personal attacks afterwards, as I don't feel it's productive. I'll allow my id to be used in lists when FF feels the need to post them, but I don't feel a need to join a lynchmob. Nobody is forcing me to bid in this auction. It's just something I decided to do.

The funny thing is, I've already gotten over the $500 I lost, and the whole transaction. I have never participated in lynching Hammer on these boards because despite his business practices, he is knowledgable and an overall interesting individual to talk to. He was contributing positively to the boards until the last while where he started calling himself Jesus, then went on an annoying tirade about slabbing books.

But all this talk about whether or not his business practices are legit are what make me angry. When some poster who has had NO experience with him decides to go on a crusade to end the "Witch Hunt", I snap. Because there is overwhelming evidence that he sells restored books. And last I heard, this was a serious offence to this hobby, so how can that be a witch hunt?

And Hammer, I was not interested in adding fuel to the flames, but this whole "blackshotzky" B.S is getting ridiculous, and this constant refusal to come clean about who you are, and this attempt to make us believe you are someone else is not only an insult to our intelligence, but it makes you look more guilty and cowardly than you've ever looked. You're either threatening to disembowel people with your bare hands, or hiding behind some stupid shill Id like a coward. So how the hell do you expect us to respect you, or take you seriously at all?

And Hammer, I was not interested in adding fuel to the flames, but this whole "blackshotzky" B.S is getting ridiculous, and this constant refusal to come clean about who you are, and this attempt to make us believe you are someone else is not only an insult to our intelligence, but it makes you look more guilty and cowardly than you've ever looked. You're either threatening to disembowel people with your bare hands, or hiding behind some stupid shill Id like a coward. So how the hell do you expect us to respect you, or take you seriously at all?

Amen. Shotzky, if you feel the need to try to get away with something on the boards, that's your call. I don't condone it, but others may have no problem with it. But once you're caught, be a MAN and own up to it. This is beginning to remind me of all those thousands of episodes of COPS where some idjit claims he has no drugs, and when they pull a baggie with about 50 rocks out of his pocket, he claims they aren't his pants, and when they find about 300 pills taped to his thigh, he claims the police just planted them. On his thigh. With tape.

Okay, just forget it. Everyone in the world is condemning an innocent man. Someone else restored your comics, or substituted old crummy restored books for yours when they CGC'd them, or your daughter did it, or CGC is wrong, or whatever. As long as I know that you would never lie to us, "BlackShotzky", then I believe every word.