• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Obadiah Oldbuck vs. Superman

2,012 posts in this topic

I really hate to say it out loud, but this showcase guy is growing on me. He can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

The fact that he's been contributing on other threads while leaving OO out of them is a big plus. As is his newfound self-deprecating sense of humor.

None of this makes his OO "investment" worth a hill of beans, of course. wink.gif

You feelin' ok?

I really hate to say it out loud, but this showcase guy is growing on me. He can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

The fact that he's been contributing on other threads while leaving OO out of them is a big plus. As is his newfound self-deprecating sense of humor.

None of this makes his OO "investment" worth a hill of beans, of course. wink.gif

Thanks buddy....your check is in the mail

Although the text is European, this web page gives a good representation of the art and layout of many US Victorian Age comics........

Be forewarned...in the 1840's, there were no caped superheros, word balloons (used in sequential comic books), or 4 color printing, so these images may be shocking popcorn.gif

http://www.bugpowder.com/andy/e.toepffer-aubert.html

Do you beleive the Victorian Age section, Pioneer Age section, and listing of BLB's in The Overstreet Price Guide is not relavent to the comic book marketplace? Do those sections stretch the boudaries of what you'd like to see, or do you find them very interesting and educational? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The Comics Monthly (1922) [first comic periodical, i.e. had a regular publication schedule... I find it very interesting that you mentioned one of my favovrite books...you are the 1st one.

Not true!! I mentioned it several days before this.

I want a Christmas card also

The Comics Monthly (1922) [first comic periodical, i.e. had a regular publication schedule... I find it very interesting that you mentioned one of my favovrite books...you are the 1st one.

Not true!! I mentioned it several days before this.

I want a Christmas card also

sorry about that Zillatoy...you get credit for 1st reference to Comic Monthly #1, and a Christmas card. Comic Monthly would be a Gifflefunk dream book.....stapled spine, strip reprints, the word "Comic" as part of its title...much more a true comic book than that silly Obadiah Oldbuck "cartoon book". How could comic books date back to 1842?.....just ridiculous.

You just don't get it do you. makepoint.gif

yeah, yeah, I get it...this is a Golden Age forum, and I'm promoting the joys of Victorian and Platinum Age comic books, that you guys don't even think are comic books.....but what if you're wrong, and they are some of the rarest and most undervalued comic books ever printed ???? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

you should be posting in the Victorian Age Forum. Oh wait, this is a COMICS forum... theres isnt a Victorian folder. get it??

ahhh yes, my old buddy Aman619. You must answer these 2 questions:

1. If CGC presenlty lacks a holder suffecient for most Victorian and Platinum Age books, why would they have a Victorian or Platinum age section within their website?

2. If CGC lacks a Platinum/Victorian age holder, does that mean Platinum/Victorian Age comic books are not comic books ?