• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

20th anniversary of the premiere of "Big Trouble in Little China"!

49 posts in this topic

Premiere Date: 02 Jul 1986

img40144896907f4.jpg

893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Is it one of the best action comedies of all time?

lp_indeed.jpg

Check here for more info!

How many fans do we have here? hi.gif

It's a classic, for sure! 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

hi.gif

Went to see it opening week and my friend and I quoted parts of the film for months...

Ready?

I was born ready.

Lasted for years... cloud9.gif

Arguably, Russell's best! 893applaud-thumb.gif

loved that movie. so many great quotes for all occasions.

son of a [embarrassing lack of self control] must pay!

I watch it once a year or so as it's usually on TBS or Encore or the like. Eventually going to breakdown and get the DVD.

and whoever mentioned Escape from L.A....mention not that smoking pile of dung again!! what a pathetic way to kill a great story.

I like most of Carpenter's movies, but Big Trouble is at the top of the list. The Thing, Halloween and They Live are close seconds.

I like most of Carpenter's movies, but Big Trouble is at the top of the list. The Thing, Halloween and They Live are close seconds.

Carpenter was on a roll back then. I'd have to add Christine and Escape from New York as couple more of my favs. Hard to rank them all, but Halloween and the Thing are two of my all-time favorite movies thumbsup2.gif

How many fans do we have here?

Loved that movie. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Big fan here! Watch it on DVD once every 3-4 months.

'Prince of Darkness' is another good Carpenter flick that many havent seen. Has several of the same actors from 'Big Trouble' cast in it.

My favorite Carpenter flick , hands down, is 'In the Mouth of Madness'.

Really? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I thought it was ok, but the trademark Carpenter humor was absent in that one, which is really what makes his movies so special. At least that's why I like them so much.

'Prince of Darkness' is another good Carpenter flick that many havent seen. Has several of the same actors from 'Big Trouble' cast in it.

I have to say, I really didn't care for either of these. I loved just about everything Carpenter did up through They Live in 1988, but after that, his movies were duds to me.

I felt that when his collaborating with Debra Hill stopped, so did his best movies.