• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your suggestions for a "forum guidelines" post to be stickied at the top.

397 posts in this topic

I could do without the major marketting type posts in the marketplace. Its just a little unseemly thats all. Doesn't deserve a rule or a strike or anything.

Better protocal IMO is to headline the type of comics or collection it is and then post the books with prices and grades.

Ed

yea i got an idea......POST SCANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Any books you want to see, just let me know. acclaim.gif

marvel team up 2, 4 and 5 shy.gif

i was kidding gossip.gif

I know. devil.gif

Send my books yet? makepoint.gif

I got mine already confused-smiley-013.gif

yay.gif

I could do without the major marketting type posts in the marketplace. Its just a little unseemly thats all. Doesn't deserve a rule or a strike or anything.

Better protocal IMO is to headline the type of comics or collection it is and then post the books with prices and grades.

Ed

Yeah, those kind of posts are a little annoying. mad.gif

Speaking of the new rules - WHEN ARE THEY COMING??????? WHEN - ARE - THEY - COMING?

If anyone wants to hear what I really have to say send me a PM. The person with the most begging gets the first reply. Of course it depends on how I FEEL and whats going on in MY WORLD, but if the stars are aligned, I'll give you the time of day.

#1 Suggestion:

No more CARNIVAL BARKER threads where books are posted, hyped, pimped and otherwise displayed in the Marketplace, but no prices or offers to sell.

WASTE OF BANDWIDTH!!

Also, due to the utter BS that esquire and flyingdonut are pulling in the Marketplace, I hereby revoke any previous statements that allowing dealers to selling the Forum-Only area is alright or a good idea.

As we've now seen, it is subject to abuse and Arch was totally correct to bring it up as a potential issue.

#1 Suggestion:

No more CARNIVAL BARKER threads where books are posted, hyped, pimped and otherwise displayed in the Marketplace, but no prices or offers to sell.

WASTE OF BANDWIDTH!!

Also, due to the utter BS that esquire and flyingdonut are pulling in the Marketplace, I hereby revoke any previous statements that allowing dealers to selling the Forum-Only area is alright or a good idea.

As we've now seen, it is subject to abuse and Arch was totally correct to bring it up as a potential issue.

sumo.gif

Do we have to say, "We told you so." ???tongue.gif

Do we have to say, "We told you so." ???tongue.gif

Nope, you were definitely right on this one. Once the dealers are in, they just trample the most basic rules, start listing books for sale on Dealer websites, push customers towards their site, and basically make the whole "forum split" a joke.

And CGC does nothing. foreheadslap.gif

I officially give up, and now agree with banner that CGC needs to go back to the old way of doing things, with one Marketplace for everything.

A lot less stress and hassle, since absolutely no one respects the rules, weak-willed collectors are willing to bend them in return for books, and CGC chooses not to enforce them. So why bother?

One Marketplace!! sumo.gif

weak-willed collectors are willing to bend them in return for books

cloud9.gif

Send me some books I want and I'll 5 star your next 10 threads. thumbsup2.gif

What I would like to see is clarification of the rules/expectations VERY SOON. This thread is great for getting input from various people, but since nothing here is official yet, bad things are happening in the Marketplace.

My view of the Marketplace is fairly simple.

1. Everything must be exclusive to forum members, not available anywhere else.

2. The only communications required between buyers and sellers are posts or PMs. (no e-mails, phone calls, etc.) ie. FORUM ONLY

3. Payment options should be listed upfront, as well as shipping options/charges if available.

4. Grades (or scans) and prices should be posted with all items. Auctions are also acceptable as long as the end time and minimum increments (none of that "I win by 1c" B.S.) are clearly stated from the beginning.

5. Topics and/or first posts should state what is for sale (or at least a general idea of what will be available for threads with many different items available)

"NO BRAINER" Rules (which still get violated frustrated.gif):

6. Buyers and sellers should follow through on any agreements unless mutually acceptable alterations are made. All (non-joke) communications should also be replied to in as timely a manner as possible.

7. No trying to sell things in other people's selling threads unless you have their permission. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

8. No hijacking other people's threads unless you have their permission. Some people don't mind a few graemlin posts (a.k.a. Free Bumps) but others do.

9. No Spamming the forum (by making multiple threads at the same time, the other type of spamming is already against the rules... actually, so is this type, but...).

Yes, this means I don't have a problem with dealers or "dealers" who are members of the community selling in this forum. As long as they follow the rules, we can decide whether we want to buy from them or not, just like we can from any "collector" who sells here.

For "Want To Buy" replies, anything goes (links to dealer sites or eBay, direct selling via posts/PMs) AS LONG AS IT FITS THE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT THE PERSON WANTS TO BUY!!! (ie. no offering X-Men 176 when they are asking for X-Men 1-10 makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif)

Anyone violating the rules (whatever they are decided to be) should be banned from starting threads for a month or so. This should keep spammers at bay.

If somebody is violating the rules, DON'T post in their thread. Simply report it to the mods and let the thread die.

2. The only communications required between buyers and sellers are posts or PMs. (no e-mails, phone calls, etc.) ie. FORUM ONLY

This is so goofy, as well as not practically enforcable. Everyone has means and methods of communication that work for them, and "Can you email a scan of the back cover to me at john@doe.com?" or "Call me after work and we'll wrap this up." are examples where it would be just fine to email or call someone about something you saw on the forum.

This is so goofy, as well as not practically enforcable.

Read between the lines. No one is saying you CANNOT email someone for clarification, scans, etc., but that PMs must be the required method of initiating the transaction.

It's really saying that sellers cannot list a pile of books, and then shunt buyers to a website, email ordering system or other dealer mechanism.

As in "Buy My Books! See anything you like and go to www.bigfatslimeydealer.com, email me at scammer@bigfatslimeydealer.com or call 1-800-FAT-SLOB to order."

This is so goofy, as well as not practically enforcable. Everyone has means and methods of communication that work for them, and "Can you email a scan of the back cover to me at john@doe.com?" or "Call me after work and we'll wrap this up." are examples where it would be just fine to email or call someone about something you saw on the forum.

People can communicate however they want. If you're involved in a transaction with someone you can go to their house while talking to them on the phone asking them for an e-mailed scan of the back cover as you're holding the book in hand. insane.gif My point is that people shouldn't be forced to e-mail or call someone to complete a transaction, hence the use of the word required rather than allowed.