• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your suggestions for a "forum guidelines" post to be stickied at the top.

397 posts in this topic

• Administrator
1) There are very few "dealer" posts in the "dealer" forum that would be appropriate in the "forum only" forum under the proposed restrictions - 1) books must be listed with prices (no pointers to websites), and 2) books must not be offered anywhere else.

If we allow dealers, then these Rules and Regulations must be spelled out, and I'd like to add:

3) Transactions must take place 100% on the forum, via PM, and not consist of "external transactions" using email, phone or ordering systems.

I remember Metro and a few other dealers doing this - spewing a huge list of books, then asking to "email or call to purchase the books". foreheadslap.gif

I concur thumbsup2.gif

What difference does this make? Consistency of timestamps on messages, or something?

Is there a way to limit rights to new people trying to start a thread? I'm all for everyone being able to buy but we get alot of 1 post people starting threads here and then gone the next day after they are reemed for posting in the wrong thread. just a question.

would it be possible to post the list of rules - whatever they turn out to be - in the area above the message section and below the navigation area? not a link to the rules, but the actual rules themselves...

1) There are very few "dealer" posts in the "dealer" forum that would be appropriate in the "forum only" forum under the proposed restrictions - 1) books must be listed with prices (no pointers to websites), and 2) books must not be offered anywhere else.

If we allow dealers, then these Rules and Regulations must be spelled out, and I'd like to add:

3) Transactions must take place 100% on the forum, via PM, and not consist of "external transactions" using email, phone or ordering systems.

I remember Metro and a few other dealers doing this - spewing a huge list of books, then asking to "email or call to purchase the books". foreheadslap.gif

I concur thumbsup2.gif

What difference does this make? Consistency of timestamps on messages, or something?

The answer to that question can be found on my website.

It makes sure it's FORUM-ONLY, as opposed to those "dump our Excel sheet" offers that Metro used to post.

The basic rule I propose is "Transactions take place entirely on the forums", as in using a takeit.gif in the thread, questions via PM, not having to order through a dealer website after the fact, not send an "email order" to the dealer, not havng to call a dealer, etc.

It makes sure it's FORUM-ONLY, as opposed to those "dump our Excel sheet" offers that Metro used to post.

The basic rule I propose is "Transactions take place entirely on the forums", as in using a takeit.gif in the thread, questions via PM, not having to order through a dealer website after the fact, not send an "email order" to the dealer, not havng to call a dealer, etc.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Many forum members (myself included) prefer to keep their transactions private, and as such, the use of the takeit.gif should never be a "requirement" to sell on the boards. PM's working out deals, trades, asking questions about condition, terms of sale all take place between individuals, and don't need to be hung out on the clothesline for the rest of the world to know.

Many forum members (myself included) prefer to keep their transactions private, and as such, the use of the takeit.gif should never be a "requirement" to sell on the boards.

Of course not, but the OPTION of using the takeit.gif should be.

Niko's sales threads should be the model for the board - he takes immediate offers, will work out deals via PM, offers discounts on unsold books, etc.

Many forum members (myself included) prefer to keep their transactions private, and as such, the use of the takeit.gif should never be a "requirement" to sell on the boards.

Of course not, but the OPTION of using the takeit.gif should be.

Niko's sales threads should be the model for the board - he takes immediate offers, will work out deals via PM, offers discounts on unsold books, etc.

Right. But to avoid confusion, it should be understood that if you are in the midst of haggling a price on a book or a set of books via PM, and someone in the thread posts the red sign on the same book, the sign takes it unless the PM deal was fully closed and agreed to first. This is where things can get a little confusing.

Right. But to avoid confusion, it should be understood that if you are in the midst of haggling a price on a book or a set of books via PM, and someone in the thread posts the red sign on the same book, the sign takes it unless the PM deal was fully closed and agreed to first. This is where things can get a little confusing.

This should be left up to the seller...if I list some books in the morning, you PM me telling me you're interested in one but want a scan of the back cover, I tell you I'll get it loaded this evening when I get home from work, someone else hits the takeit.gif in the meantime, I'll let them know the book is on hold pending the back cover scan. That's common courtesy and I would extend it to anyone here, and hope others would do the same for me. thumbsup2.gif

This should be left up to the seller...if I list some books in the morning, you PM me telling me you're interested in one but want a scan of the back cover, I tell you I'll get it loaded this evening when I get home from work, someone else hits the takeit.gif in the meantime, I'll let them know the book is on hold pending the back cover scan. That's common courtesy and I would extend it to anyone here, and hope others would do the same for me. thumbsup2.gif

Good point Mike and good manners as well. Who says Gator fans dont have manners poke2.gif

Good point Mike and good manners as well. Who says Gator fans dont have manners poke2.gif

893censored-thumb.gif

893censored-thumb.gif
And speaking of Miss Manners...

893censored-thumb.gif
And speaking of Miss Manners...
27_laughing.gif

hello all...

I will steer this back to "on topic" but wanted to first say that I have been to over 60 games in the swamp since I graduated from Fl in the late 80's (not counting the games I went to while I attended), and I can say that only one other time have I ever heard the noise level as loud as it was yesterday was when we blocked the gw fg attempt was in 97 when we returned a Peyton manning interception for a touchdown right before half time...Go Gators...back on topic, I am going to list a book (tec 31) shortly, and have tried to read all the notes in the thread, but I gather that it is ok for me to do so (book is not for sale anywhere else)...

rick