• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your suggestions for a "forum guidelines" post to be stickied at the top.

397 posts in this topic

2. The only communications required between buyers and sellers are posts or PMs. (no e-mails, phone calls, etc.) ie. FORUM ONLY

This is so goofy, as well as not practically enforcable.

893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif893blahblah.gif

I thought you gave up? frown.gif

#1 Suggestion:

No more CARNIVAL BARKER threads where books are posted, hyped, pimped and otherwise displayed in the Marketplace, but no prices or offers to sell.

WASTE OF BANDWIDTH!!

Also, due to the utter BS that esquire and flyingdonut are pulling in the Marketplace, I hereby revoke any previous statements that allowing dealers to selling the Forum-Only area is alright or a good idea.

As we've now seen, it is subject to abuse and Arch was totally correct to bring it up as a potential issue.

What am I doing in the Marketplace, exactly, that bothers you?

1 Scan it

2 Post it

3 Price it

4 Sell it

5 Get paid

6 Mail it

7 Leave kudos

Were is 'whine about everything"? wink.gif

----

5 Get paid Best one! cloud9.gif

Lets review, then, the Western Missouri thread:

1. Everything must be exclusive to forum members, not available anywhere else.

Forum members get first right of refusal on EVERY BOOK in there. After a few days, I put the book on eBay and then take it off the thread.

2. The only communications required between buyers and sellers are posts or PMs. (no e-mails, phone calls, etc.) ie. FORUM ONLY

Yep, that's how I'm doing it.

3. Payment options should be listed upfront, as well as shipping options/charges if available.

Yep, that's how I'm doing it.

4. Grades (or scans) and prices should be posted with all items. Auctions are also acceptable as long as the end time and minimum increments (none of that "I win by 1c" B.S.) are clearly stated from the beginning.

Grades and prices are on all items. There's no auctions.

5. Topics and/or first posts should state what is for sale (or at least a general idea of what will be available for threads with many different items available)

Yep.

"NO BRAINER" Rules (which still get violated frustrated.gif):

6. Buyers and sellers should follow through on any agreements unless mutually acceptable alterations are made. All (non-joke) communications should also be replied to in as timely a manner as possible.

Books are shipped usually within 12 hours of payment. I challenge you to find somebody who ships faster than I do.

7. No trying to sell things in other people's selling threads unless you have their permission. makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Of course

8. No hijacking other people's threads unless you have their permission. Some people don't mind a few graemlin posts (a.k.a. Free Bumps) but others do.

Well, the only hijacking of my thread wasn't by me.

9. No Spamming the forum (by making multiple threads at the same time, the other type of spamming is already against the rules... actually, so is this type, but...).

Sounds reasonable. You'll note I only made one Western Missouri thread.

Yes, this means I don't have a problem with dealers or "dealers" who are members of the community selling in this forum. As long as they follow the rules, we can decide whether we want to buy from them or not, just like we can from any "collector" who sells here.

Somebody, again, tell me just what rule I violated to get my thread *spoon*? Anyone? mad.gif

For "Want To Buy" replies, anything goes (links to dealer sites or eBay, direct selling via posts/PMs) AS LONG AS IT FITS THE DESCRIPTION OF WHAT THE PERSON WANTS TO BUY!!! (ie. no offering X-Men 176 when they are asking for X-Men 1-10 makepoint.gifmakepoint.gif)

Again, sounds reasonable.

Anyone violating the rules (whatever they are decided to be) should be banned from starting threads for a month or so. This should keep spammers at bay.

Somebody, again, tell me just what rule I violated to get my thread *spoon*? Anyone? mad.gif

If somebody is violating the rules, DON'T post in their thread. Simply report it to the mods and let the thread die.

mad.gif so the 50 posts in my thread just appeared.

Donut Its not that your bothering anyone In fact as you know I Pm'd you about some books I am interested in. I truly think that you are trying to provide a service to board members by offering some nice books people are interested in. What happened was in the process some rules were broken. This one for sure since the books are on a consignment basis.

Comics Market - WTB and Forum Only Selling

A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts

I've dealt with you in the past and I hope to in the future you are a honest guy. Hopefully after all the dust clears everyone can get along again. thumbsup2.gif

Donut Its not that your bothering anyone In fact as you know I Pm'd you about some books I am interested in. I truly think that you are trying to provide a service to board members by offering some nice books people are interested in. What happened was in the process some rules were broken. This one for sure since the books are on a consignment basis.

Comics Market - WTB and Forum Only Selling

A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts

I've dealt with you in the past and I hope to in the future you are a honest guy. Hopefully after all the dust clears everyone can get along again. thumbsup2.gif

So if I had bought the entire thing, there wouldn't be a problem? That's the issue? If I had written the guy a check, there'd be no problem? There's no difference whatsoever to the end buyer if the book is on consignment or if I own it. There's NO INTERMEDIARY. frustrated.gif

Most of the flack your getting Might also be with your association with esquire even though the collection your dealing with is completely different than the Hollywood thread. The two got lumped as one since they were posted so closely together even though they are unrelated

Most of the flack your getting Might also be with your association with esquire even though the collection your dealing with is completely different than the Hollywood thread. The two got lumped as one since they were posted so closely together.

See what you get for hanging around with me Donut!

Fortunately you'll laugh all the way to the bank.

These separate forums was a bad idea. Detailed rules with fine print was a bad idea.

More importantly the attitude certain people has expressed created a negative environment. Everyone has now suffered and has a bad taste in their mouth because some people, who had nothing to do with any of the threads, deliberately interfered with a collective effort to enable forumites to have advance opportunities to purchase some fantastic books. And thats the bottom line. The threads were created for the benefit of the community, and individuals ruined it. Sad.

Dan, I don't personally have any problem with your (and Mark's) Western Missouri thread, whether it is technically against the current rules or not (which is the problem and the reason your thread got hijacked). I guess that is obvious from my post. I think it is very unfortunate what has happened to that thread because of some uncertainty about what is/should be allowed in this forum. That's why I want the rules to be cleared up ASAP, because the confusion is just causing problems now.

Most of the flack your getting Might also be with your association with esquire even though the collection your dealing with is completely different than the Hollywood thread. The two got lumped as one since they were posted so closely together.

See what you get for hanging around with me Donut!

Fortunately you'll laugh all the way to the bank.

These separate forums was a bad idea. Detailed rules with fine print was a bad idea.

More importantly the attitude certain people has expressed created a negative environment. Everyone has now suffered and has a bad taste in their mouth because some people, who had nothing to do with any of the threads, deliberately interfered with a collective effort to enable forumites to have advance opportunities to purchase some fantastic books. And thats the bottom line. The threads were created for the benefit of the community, and individuals ruined it. Sad.

Sounds down right negative to me . . . grin.gif

Most of the flack your getting Might also be with your association with esquire even though the collection your dealing with is completely different than the Hollywood thread. The two got lumped as one since they were posted so closely together even though they are unrelated

This is where all the flack is coming from. It just got confusing with one collection being sold by two forum members, one of whom was also selling another collection in a different forum, wires got crossed, and people went off the deep end b/c, I guess, they had nothing better to do than rant on and on on the internet.

The word "consignment" in the forum description (note that although presented as more than that here, a description does not equal "rules") is in the context of "Here's my great book for sale, check it out on Comiclink!", and not in the context of Donut saying "I just got these books in on consignment, come and get 'em!" What Donut and Esquire did with the Missouri collection is perfectly fine, and should be encouraged! thumbsup2.gif

I will admit that I think you were the unfortunate victim of Mark's ongoing BS and him listing you as a partner in his Dealer Spam threads.

esquirecomics The way the thread came across looked kinda bad and broke the rules JC pointed out. Do I think you were trying to make some quality comics available to the forum members, Absolutely. Do I think you were trying to do something wrong no. Do I think your a bad person no. m just expressing what I got out of this. I was and am still looking forward to seeing these collections.

More importantly the attitude certain people has expressed created a negative environment. Everyone has now suffered and has a bad taste in their mouth because some people, who had nothing to do with any of the threads, deliberately interfered with a collective effort to enable forumites to have advance opportunities to purchase some fantastic books.

Instead of constantly whining, why not just try following the 893censored-thumb.gif forum rules.

It's not rocket science there Jethro. makepoint.gif

Sounds down right negative to me . . . grin.gif

Yeah, this guy's a real whiner. 27_laughing.gif

"Oh boo hoo, Big Bad JC caught me breaking the forum rules. Me, the Mother Teresa of the CGC Forums, only trying to give away free comics to the poor... ".

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif