• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your suggestions for a "forum guidelines" post to be stickied at the top.

397 posts in this topic

As of right now, the guidelines on this board make it OK for dealers to post occasional WTBs for their hard to finds, and NO selling posts.

WTB/Forum only:

"A board specifically for direct selling offers to other board members without an intermediary (no ebay, dealer, consignment sales, etc.), and for Want To Buy posts. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction."

Ebay / Dealer:

"A message board for the purpose advertising comics for sale via ebay, or from dealers or retailers. No anonymous posting is allowed. We do not monitor buys and sells. Please check out your buyer or seller before you commit to a transaction. Messages expire after 12 days."

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

• Administrator

I still am a little confused about the trends here.

Dealers seem to be posting, and the un-moderatable feedback seems to be,

"If we like them, and they post alot around the board in general and not just here, and they're offering comics at what seem like special discount levels to the boards, then they can stay."

Note that this description makes it virtually impossible to apply an objective standard to posts without researching every complaint.

I don't have issues with modifying board rules over time to fit the desires of the users, but it needs to establish standards that aren't too vague to enforce.

Thoughts?

I agree Arch, and formally opening up the WTS/WTB Forum to Dealers is a bad move in my opinion, especially with this "certain dealers with nice books and prices are cool" clause everyone wants to put in.

Can of Worms City!

Thoughts?

There is no easily definable line between "dealers or retailers" and "board members", and I never agreed with that distinction in separating the original marketplace forum in the first place (although I like the idea of a separate forum for ebay SPAM).

Separate "For Sale", "Ebay", and "WTB" forums would be a much better idea. thumbsup2.gif

Separate "For Sale", "Ebay", and "WTB" forums would be a much better idea. thumbsup2.gif

I agree with this idea, much easier this way

Yep, much easier, and much more straight forward and unambiguous. I suppose you would have to add "For Trade" in there somewhere (For Sale).

The vast majority of the listings in the current dealer/ebay forum are ebay listings anyway, and none of the "dealer" postings are huge data dumps from the big dealers (Mile High, Metro, Superworld, Blazingbob, Sulipa, etc.,.). Most of the big dealer websites have integrated ordering capabilities, and I don't see them using the forum as it's a much more labor intensive endeavour to sell books this way.

Thoughts?

There is no easily definable line between "dealers or retailers" and "board members", and I never agreed with that distinction in separating the original marketplace forum in the first place (although I like the idea of a separate forum for ebay SPAM).

What Banner said...

Thoughts?

Uh, yeah, let's take three steps backwards . . . screwy.gif

I agree Arch, and formally opening up the WTS/WTB Forum to Dealers is a bad move in my opinion, especially with this "certain dealers with nice books and prices are cool" clause everyone wants to put in.

Can of Worms City!

I agree, we have two separate forums set up after much discussion. Let's use them correctly. sumo.gif

And btw, if you chumps want to buy books from dealers at "60% off" their guide, half without scans, in a frenzied offering . . . then be my guest - it's your money. But take it outside screwy.gif

Thoughts?

Uh, yeah, let's take three steps backwards . . . screwy.gif

It would be more like correcting a mistake. thumbsup2.gif

Thoughts?

Said the Spider to the fly . . . wink.gif