• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was your STUPIDEST comic collecting move?

120 posts in this topic

Selling mY original art collection, which had 3 KILLER pages

1st - A Sam Kieth Sandman Page from #2 with Cain, Abel & Gregory

2nd - THE KEY Kelly Jones Season of the Mists sandman page, where he is in EVERY Panel debating what to do with the key to hell... makepoint.giffrustrated.gif

3rd - A Wrightson swamp thing Page with The Werewolf Being thrown through the Window at the end of the story... foreheadslap.giffrustrated.gifChristo_pull_hair.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif

What was your STUPIDEST comic collecting move?

Ever starting. frustrated.gif

thumbsup2.gif Great minds think alike!

Ditto. Comic fans generally have one thing in common - we're never satisfied with what we've got.....

Isn't that sad...

One could have every superman ever printed and CGC 10

and STILL daydream for something else...

And it starts with the daydreaming - "if I had that book in that grade

my collection would be solid..."

smirk.gif

just in case there are 2 new folks who haven't heard this one before;

sold my OO ASM #'s 1-5 in around VF shape (for comparison purposes; my #6 was cgc 8.0, the 7 was cgc 9.0, the 8 was cgc 9.0, the 9 was cgc 9.0, etc) to some local kid who hounded me for months back in early 1964.

10 bucks for the lot!!!!

it was a handsome profit at the time........... 893whatthe.gifinsane.giftongue.giftonofbricks.gif

little Mario........... Christo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

Nope, the 1st panel had a gargoyle asking him a question, the rest was him sitting down sulking , wearing a black t-shirt, lots of facial close ups, very little background. It was amazing! I sold it & the keith to San Mateo art back in 1996/97 or so...

Now that I am thinking about the sandman pages, I had one from #3 too. Not a very exciting page, which is probably why I forgot, but it had Constantine & Sandman driving in a car on it. I remember it was kind of sloppy. The Keith page from #2 on the otherhand was jaw dropping, big gregory & cain at the top of the page, and I think cain & abel were walking up a curving flight of stairs. I paid $200 for the Jones page, $250 for the keith & under $100 for the page from #3.

So many to choose from... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh, I know. It's not comic books, but it is comic related. About 3 years ago, I was out shopping for Christmas presents for my son and stumbled upon some toys called Marvel Superhero Mighty Beans. They are kind of like Weebles (if anyone remembers those). They had an in-store demo and for some reason (I really need to put down the crack pipe more often) I thought they were kind of cool, so I bought over $100 worth of them. I don't even think I could get .99 for the lot of them on Ebay.

It's really quite embarrassing to admit. I feel so ashamed. blush.gif

Weebles Wobble but they dont fall down.

Buying a Captain America Comics #1 from Neatstuff.................front cover partial photocopy and missing couple of pages. Neither disclosed. On complaint........guess what no response! frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

Collecting for over 30 years I have quite a few to choose from. Some are too painful to recount, but here's one....22 copies of Micronauts #1

or wait, want something better....my felt tip pen and several early issues of Brave and the Bold when I was 13 (I still have the books today, Suicide Squad, and Hawkman) foreheadslap.gif

It's taken me 25 years to get over this one....bought a Superman #53 in solid VF/NM for $50 in 1979 and sold for same six months later....

Turned down a Brave and the Bold 28 in VF/NM for $300 in 1984 as being "too expensive" ....

Ok...I gotta stop now .... frustrated.gif

Buying a Captain America Comics #1 from Neatstuff.................front cover partial photocopy and missing couple of pages. Neither disclosed. On complaint........guess what no response! frown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

893whatthe.gif How long ago was this?