• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the Action #42 CGC 8.5 on CL worth?

62 posts in this topic

He just counteroffered at $2885, and I declined.

That's good....standing up for yourself and all.....now in 3-5 years, if you don't have a copy.....he can contact you again.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm sure you'll have one before that though. If I was selling, I'd take the offer makepoint.gif

He just counteroffered at $2885, and I declined.

what ? is he not reading this thread ??

With CL you never know. Josh was picking up Actions for his own collection not so long ago, so this book could easily be his. He keeps an occasional eye on the boards, especially to threads with CL in the title.

The guy turned down my bid of $2200, but now it shows as sold for $2225?? frustrated.gif

That $25 must've been really important to him. foreheadslap.gif

I went through something like that when they had the Detective 31 listed recently listed (5.5 MR). I really wish I had been able to snag that one ... Someone bid, I bumped their bid but didn't re-check. Someone else outbid me and then it was sold. Didn't have a chance to bump my bid again ...

Pretty asinine of the seller.

I'm curious who the winner was....a friend....a comic store owner.....a web site owner......

There's no way the seller just ignored your 2200 to take 2225 without some other inside knowledge.

conspiracy theory.......

he probably read this thrtead where he learned 2200 was the MOST you'd bid. And that made sense when you guys were $600 apart. How could he know youd soften your stance and bid higher? Unfortunate, but Comiclink's system often fosters distrust between bidders and sellers.

he probably read this thrtead where he learned 2200 was the MOST you'd bid. And that made sense when you guys were $600 apart. How could he know youd soften your stance and bid higher? Unfortunate, but Comiclink's system often fosters distrust between bidders and sellers.

I'd buy that if the accepted bid was say 100 bucks or more higher, but 25? Wouldn't you check back with the first bidder to see if he'd go another 100 before accepting the second offer? I can't figure out any scenario that here that involves a savy seller and a rational transaction. Not that either of those is required. grin.gif

I'd buy that if the accepted bid was say 100 bucks or more higher, but 25? Wouldn't you check back with the first bidder to see if he'd go another 100 before accepting the second offer? I can't figure out any scenario that here that involves a savy seller and a rational transaction. Not that either of those is required. grin.gif

The seller may have thought that he sold it to the original bidder (nearmint). Maybe he had a change of heart, and after getting another bid, he decided to accept.

The seller may have thought that he sold it to the original bidder (nearmint). Maybe he had a change of heart, and after getting another bid, he decided to accept.

I've never bid/had a book bid on via clink. So as a seller you can just see a 2200 bid and then a 2225 bid without realizing it's 2 different people?

I've never bid/had a book bid on via clink. So as a seller you can just see a 2200 bid and then a 2225 bid without realizing it's 2 different people?

I think it tells you that bidding was performed by 2 unique people, but hardly anyone pays attention to that. When I'm selling my books on CL, I just see a bid and proceed accordingly. My thinking is that the seller regreted not selling the book for $2,200, and when he supposedly thought "nearmint" (or whoever) had upped his bid (even by a very small amount), he jumped at the chance and sold the book. If I'm being honest, I've done something similar in the past.